Advice from fellow Yamaha M-4 owners

I have been listening to it ..Powering up and down all last weekend. No problems..Bass seems a bit tighter at high volume levels..But these amps have always sounded excellent..I've been using one almost daily since spring of 1980...Its due for a refurb.Still sounds excellent..:scratch2:

So I won't sweat it putting in the 22,000 uF's then. Too bad most modern large electrolytics now come with tiny pins instead of the robust tabs like on the original caps.

The M-4 is a great amp. I'm surprised it's not more highly regarded given it's awesome performance. That said, it made mine quite affordable. :tresbon: :D

So I won't sweat it putting in the 22,000 uF's then. Too bad most modern large electrolytics now come with tiny pins instead of the robust tabs like on the original caps.

The M-4 is a great amp. I'm surprised it's not more highly regarded given it's awesome performance. That said, it made mine quite affordable. :tresbon: :D
I think anyone who is familiar with the Yamaha M-4 knows it is a wonderful amp.

My M-4, which is properly ventilated along the lines described by Arkay, always runs cool. Especially while I play that Dire Straits song, "Heavy Fuel." ;)

not really wanting to resurrect this thread.. but i really think you ought to have your c-4 on top of your m-4.. the c-4 makes alot of heat. (and imo it looks better that way)

Back
Top Bottom