After a long morning of soldering

That was in Joshua Tree National Park. The entrance is about 15 minutes away from our house.

If you look at the upper right hand corner you'll see some light coming through a rock. There was a natural arch formation that I was trying to get to. My wife was trying to suck all the fun out by telling me to stop. I never did get to it on that side. I had to come down and go around the other side where I finally reached it. Of course the camera was in my pocket and nobody could record the moment for posterity.

Next time.

John

Does that ever look like a fun place!When I lived in Labrador(the land God gave Cain) I used to go climbing.Here on PEI we are as flat as a dime.

I drove through there years ago on my California adventure; talk about off the beaten path. If I recall, it's mainly open desert with a few scattered rock formations; very peaceful.

That trip certainly was an eye opener. I rented a car and drove from Phoenix to LA and that desert trip blew me away. Talk about wide open spaces!! I've been up in Canadian and northern US forests where there's nothing for miles and miles, but the open, low profile of the desert really hits home.

Not many garage sales and thrifts out there!

Back
Top Bottom