Age and your satisfaction with your Main Rig

I'll be 60 in April. I just finished about 1-1/2hrs. of listening, (low levels), of various artists. I love the sound I hear.

I'm 53 and I absolutely love my vintage Pioneer stuff which I lusted for when I was young, but soundwise my modern age high tech DSP / class-D Grimmaudio LS1 loudspeaker system sounds sooooooo much better.......
My Grimm speakers were updated to the latest "LS1be" status with Berylium tweeters and (DMF) Digital Motional Feedback subs. The individual units were measured and new dsp filters were implemented according to the latest insights of the Grimm engineers, the result is nothing short of amazing. Good perfomances+recordings+masters are a true joy to listen to, unfortunately almost all modern pop music of the last 20-30 years is murdered by the loudness war so I find myself moving into classical/jazz and 60's-70's recordings.
My vintage setup with the IMF RSPM 4's is of course much more forgiving and can be used to play almost everything, they sound really pleasant!
kind regards, Peter

51 years old, very satisfied with my old & modest main rig, other than the SA-510 is due for a DeOxIt treatment.

58 and if I never bought another piece of equipment I would still be content. Don't get me wrong, I always check out BarterTown just in case....My main focus has been in continuing to buy cds, you can never have too much music.

35 here - satisfied with the sound, but not satisfied...apparently I haven't spent enough money yet ;)

52 and in 12 days 53.

Satisfied with the sound for sure. If I became broke I'd quite but not yet so not done messing. Wondering if I will ever be done really. I might be pretty old or pretty dead when that day comes it seems. It's a hobby anyway, and you guys give me such good ideas over and over and over to try. I got speakers, a plinth yet to build for sure.

Running out of things to improve though, and the sound of the system shows it. Would be interesting to go back about 10 years and compare the systems to see really how far it's came.

My newest main system is 70% new, meaning that the receiver, speakers, and cd player are new. The two turntables that I purchased this year are at least 40 years in age. If one weren't a turntable expert then the TTs would seem to perform as if they were much younger. So far I have had very good results from my new system.

64 - love listening to music - but I also like tinkering with new-to-me gear and hearing new things in older music ...
Kinda what kicked me off on the Altec craze last year when Joe Roberts gave me the Model 15s -
which beget a demo near Baltimore that started the whole Heath/Valenias project I'm close to wrapping up now.
....My main focus has been in continuing to buy cds, you can never have too much music.

Right with you on that - keep finding new music and being charmed by it!

We have no kids nor grankids - inlaws can fund their own kids and offspring just fine :)
It would be nice to travel a bit when we do get to retirement age -
but I sure don't want to leave money for the state when I pass!

... but I sure don't want to leave money for the state when I pass!
I certainly don't plan on leaving much of an inheritance myself. :thumbsup: :D (Besides that, my daughter probably would enjoy my system when she is a little older--that can be my "heritage" so to speak.)

Happy where I am for the money I've spent, but wanting to play around with power and pre amps in the short term. In a few years I'll hopefully have a bigger space (with no shared walls!) and may be looking for something like CLX ARTs to replace the reQuests.

Happy where I am for the money I've spent, but wanting to play around with power and pre amps in the short term. In a few years I'll hopefully have a bigger space (with no shared walls!) and may be looking for something like CLX ARTs to replace the reQuests.
Oh man...CLX Art is one of my dream systems! I missed a killer deal on a pair of Summits for $3k. They are normally $4k and up.

Back
Top Bottom