Ahh... so quiet

N8Nagel

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
So I'm at what's her face's place - landlord had new windows installed on Thursday, when it was in the low 30s, so as soon as they left I kicked the heat back on and also cranked the humidifier up to the max because as a result of all that cold air getting in, the humidity dropped like a stone to "doorknobs HURT" levels. Yeah, for some reason there apparently isn't a humidifier on the supply duct from the furnace so she's using one of those forced air console things, I hate it, but it beats the hell out of static electricity and bloody noses.

So today it's been raining for two days and somehow it's now 64 degrees outside (?!?!?!?!?) and I walk in and NOTHING IS RUNNING... no furnace, no humidifier, no nothing... so nice to not have to listen to the constant whooshing of fans just to make the place habitable.

Hopefully once the humidity stabilizes in the structure, the improved insulation from the new windows will make this a more common occurrence...

My furnace isn't too bad. But the AC system in the summer is pretty obnoxious. I love the fall when it's cool enough to not need the AC, but warm enough to not need the heat.

Next life, I live in Monterey, or maybe Malibu, around 1960 before it all got so crowded
index.php

70's here today and as of right now we've had 1.06 inches of rain today with no (forecast) let-up until Tuesday. Weekend is washed out. No deer hunting either because it's either been raining or to warm all season.

My furnace isn't too bad. But the AC system in the summer is pretty obnoxious. I love the fall when it's cool enough to not need the AC, but warm enough to not need the heat.

Yea, I want to live somewhere like this! :thumbsup:

Rome

Back
Top Bottom