1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Aikido preamp and tube rolling

Discussion in 'Tube Audio' started by rudedogg, Jul 8, 2018.

1. rudedogg

rudedogg AK Member Subscriber

image.jpg Hey all, I just picked up an Aikido Noval pre that uses 6cg7 and 6dj8 tubes. It came with a real nice set of JAN 5670 tubes glued into adapters from “ifi”. I have not tried them yet, as I am slightly nervous to drop them in as I don’t know if they are a correct sub for the 6cg7 noval in this Aikido board...the box housing the tubes and the bases have no info printed on them. Does anybody have knowledge?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. MATT0404

MATT0404 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hey, John, those are NOS 5670's that iFi converts to a 6922. They are direct drop in replacements for any 6922 application. 6922's and 6DJ8's are interchangeable, so you're good to go! I've used them in that preamp before without issue.

Read more here:
    https://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-nos-6922-2/

rudedogg likes this.
  3. rudedogg

rudedogg AK Member Subscriber

Awesome Matt! Thanks, I was a little unsure if they subbed for the 6dj8s or the 6cg7s. I was gonna stick them in the wrong sockets! Lol

4. primosounds

primosounds SE KT120 w/ 6J5G drivers. Subscriber

I don't understand why you dont use a 6922 other than the good vintage ones cost a lot. But, from what i have read there are good soviet made of the type.

rudedogg likes this.