Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

At this point I think it’s kind of what you may like better and/or what your use to. Its doing what a low power tune amp should do. The signal tubes will change a lot more than the power tubes IME. YMMV

:beerchug:

Pfiouuuu I guess all the tubes will eventually go+caps mod

A Chi-Fi amp that is modable is a good Chi-Fi amp.

Not saying it’s not. Just the fact I can do the work myself and can test all the prices parts before I buy them from my supplier helped with my choice. They need modded anyway so it made sense for me to start with better iron And a design I can get the actual schematics for.

Edit: plus the fact my company has been involved in a study of bad Chinese components making it into the Fed stock system. 2+ yrs of testing and last numbers I saw where 31% out of spec. and 6% of those counterfeit. But that’s a thread for another day.

Last edited:
My last China SE KT88 offers 16wpc in class A, have only 2W 1% metal film resistors 105° Nichicons in it, If I want to invest more I will upgrade OPTs, but for the price, it is decent.

I have only one ugly Fleetwood receiver console pull with isolation transformer and 50EH5 power tubes, good for 1.4wpc, thinking about puchase a small chassis to build a cute little amp with the parts.

Sorry missed this. I looked at all the Chinese tubes and kits then found a 1959 Magnavox console and pulled the 8802 out of it and “built” it.

You have the skills and experience. I would like to build a super amp but unfortunately I won't take any risks with all this high voltage. You are lucky to be able to achieve this from scratch.

My last China SE KT88 offers 16wpc in class A, have only 2W 1% metal film resistors 105° Nichicons in it, If I want to invest more I will upgrade OPTs, but for the price, it is decent.

I have only one ugly Fleetwood receiver console pull with isolation transformer and 50EH5 power tubes, good for 1.4wpc, thinking about puchase a small chassis to build a cute little amp with the parts.

Wich amp is your kt88?

You have the skills and experience. I would like to build a super amp but unfortunately I won't take any risks with all this high voltage. You are lucky to be able to achieve this from scratch.

It wasn’t from scratch. Just adding a power cord/fuses and jacks then swapping original parts with better new ones. Same thing that will happen to your amp when it’s modded.

Finally forgot about changing the DAC, it sounds good on my nad.
I ordered a pair of tung-sol el34b's they will surely arrive in a few days, I have hight expectations on theme. Then mroboto's mods :beerchug:

I purchased the SE EL34 "Oldchen" from "HiFiEquis" on Aliexpress. Turning it on for the first time, the rectifier and one of the EL34's did not light up. Since I did not report this within a 7 day period after delivery, I'm on my own. Most solder connections have this hard white foam over them. I'm not a tech so am setting it aside until I have some time to look for obvious wiring issues. I doubt they actually test the units before shipment.

Try messaging them. They've been quite helpful with respect to my amp even 2 years after I purchased from them. There's 6 resistors getting discolored and they've provided the schematics for my amp tech. Getting some Dueland JAM caps installed at the same time :)

Back
Top Bottom