Air Fryers

c5corvette

Several of my co-workers rave about their air fryers and I am considering one. Opinions, experience and suggestions would be appreciated. I do enjoy my fried chicken, french fries, etc on occasion and they say air fryers are way to go.

Meh
Had an ActiFry didn’t love it.
I’m Keto now, no carbs, no sugar, lost over 50 lbs so far, never felt better.
I’m off blood pressure meds, blood sugar meds, feel 110% better, think more clearly, more stamina, need less sleep, snore way less....

We have one, love it. If it's frozen and fried (ie french fries, shrimp, onion rings) it's a gimme it works well. That was not our main reason for buying it though. We have done 'fried' eggplant, chicken wings, a whole peri peri chicken, croutons, roasted chick peas, crab cakes, hamburgers, veggie burgers, all excellent. I do have two pieces of advice, do not get a Chefman and if you are cooking for more than 1-2 get the largest one you can. The one drawback is it takes about three times as long to air fry vs. deep fat fry and we have to do batches when we cook for us and the kids, a larger one would help with that.

I have two of them. They do everything from roasted veggies to steak. You can put frozen breakfast sausage links in at 360 for 15 min and they come out golden brown.
They also do darn good southern fired chicken and they the king of making fresh cut french fries with just a little spray of oil.:thumbsup:

We have the one that is on all of those "infomercials". It works well. Basically a countertop convection oven. I wish it would go over 400 degrees. And, it would be nice if you could bake in it. Just doesn't seem to work very good for that. Makes the best baked potatoes. And, for warming up leftover pizza, it is the best! Way better than my old toaster oven. Just keep on finding new uses for it. I do not believe the hype that the food is really that much healthier, though.

Back
Top Bottom