Air Guns

Those are nasty lookin' little guys, probably not legal in the EU. Just a hunch.
Those are very similar to the Crosman Destroyers. Same inner point but the Crosman's are flatter or rather have more of a funnel shape around the point.
Not a bad price for a tin of 100 .22cal either.

q
BTW, I'm set in my "blind" right now on my patio. Another squirrel has entered the kill zone and Baby Girl has him up the pin oak.
2 in 2 days!
Looks like a busy Fall this year!

Laughs.
Blind??
Here at Mikes Squirrel Popping Rancho, we have multiple galleries. We have the backyard suite, which can be 40' shots to hard left and right of the blind. Or we have the Fence Row shot, at 60', straight out, where they emerge from under an old rotten,now removed pool deck, and its chainlink fence, where they try to eat Sarges garden. Fatal error.
Just a few degrees to the left of the Fence Row is the Deep Beyond, the property edge shot. This one stars where the Fence Row ends, at 60'. It has a good clear shot at 90', and, then a sweep of the property line out at 120'
All of these shots are strategic to where the squirrels are known to stop. They're all backed up by strategically placed piles of firewood as a backdrop.

This is one of our patio blinds, and the galleries,...
DSCN5158.jpg
DSCN5160.jpg

This is the 40' shot to the left from the blind:
DSCN5257.jpg
The Valley Quail, are totally safe here, ^^ No hurt the quail, mon.
That is one of my firewood backdrops behind them. To the left of the backdrop, I added what I call the Squirrel Hole. It is merely a slight tunnel made of firewood, that goes from front to rear. Being tunneling rodents, they cannot resist the Squirrel Hole.

This is the 60' Fence Row shot. The Fence Row shot is fairly tight to the green chain link pool fence.
To the left is the 90' shot, and extending out to the 120' property edge, rear of property. The neighbors building pad has a 6'+ amount of fill dirt, that slopes upward from there.
DSCN5142.jpg
And the Fence Row firewood backdrop:
DSCN5143.jpg
The low gap is there intentionally. It seems to attract the squirrels for a look over it, to see what is on the other side, exposing their backs to me,.. nyuk, nyuk.

Last edited:
Lol! That's the way to do it!
I've got to wait til they slink down the tree trunk poking their head out looking to see if the coast is clear. Jaws of death (Baby Girl)patiently waiting on the other side of the tree.
Way too many leaves right now for them to hide in.
I'm sitting at the kitchen window now because it was getting too hot outside.
Sniper time

Just for the record, these two alloys were the ones I thought would be kill-diller but had way too much trouble with.

61du+Msx+7L.jpg Copper alloy pyramid points and copper alloy domed. The pyramids look especially the shit but I couldn't hit the side of a barn with them - pretty much the same with the domes.
31tWB6cDrBL.jpg

Attachments

• 61du+Msx+7L.jpg
    61du+Msx+7L.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1
This is something that I've found to be invaluable. I never do any shooting without it.
It provides a level of steadying that I'd never get otherwise.
DSCN5462.jpg
Its a wee bit dirty, because its always getting down and dirty.

Its a thrift store camera stand. I took a 1x2 piece of doug. fir "furring strip", and cut the holder saddle. On the bottom of the holder, I drilled in, and JB-Weld epoxied in a thread rod connector ferrule with 1/4-20 threads to match the camera stand. So the holder is held firm to the stand.

Just for the record, these two alloys were the ones I thought would be kill-diller but had way too much trouble with.

View attachment 1281463 Copper alloy pyramid points and copper alloy domed. The pyramids look especially the shit but I couldn't hit the side of a barn with them - pretty much the same with the domes.
31tWB6cDrBL.jpg

The pyramid point looks like it is going to do some weird aerodynamic stuff while spinning probably causing turbulence, unequal pressure and tumbling, which could account for the inaccuracy. The conical point rounds in your other posts look a lot less prone to cause turbulence.

That's my thoughts exactly. The pyramids look wicked but that's about all. At nearly $20 a tin they ought to be heat-seeking too.
Deal is, the domed alloys weren't much better IMO.
I'm keeping my money on the Terminators and Destroyers.

My dad had a Benjamin pump pistol that belonged to his father who passed away when he was young.
I took it to college one weekend and it was stolen from my closet. Bothers me a lot to think of it.
That thing was a work of art.

My dad had a Benjamin pump pistol that belonged to his father who passed away when he was young.
I took it to college one weekend and it was stolen from my closet. Bothers me a lot to think of it.
That thing was a work of art.
My dad passed a Hy Score pistol outfit on to me, I remember him shooting it in the basement of our first house when I was a young'un.

Those are very similar to the Crosman Destroyers. Same inner point but the Crosman's are flatter or rather have more of a funnel shape around the point.
Not a bad price for a tin of 100 .22cal either.

Where The EU is concerned, probably the "flatter" the point (crown), the more likely it could be legally procured (or brought) here.

^^ It hadn't occurred to me until now: I wonder if there's a limit (monthly, annual, etc.) on the N of (even) pellet ammunition @ The EU? Would not be surprised if, say, one is limited to just a few hundred "rounds" per year. It's how they (don't) do business around these parts.

This is something that I've found to be invaluable. I never do any shooting without it.
It provides a level of steadying that I'd never get otherwise.
View attachment 1281526
Its a wee bit dirty, because its always getting down and dirty.

Its a thrift store camera stand. I took a 1x2 piece of doug. fir "furring strip", and cut the holder saddle. On the bottom of the holder, I drilled in, and JB-Weld epoxied in a thread rod connector ferrule with 1/4-20 threads to match the camera stand. So the holder is held firm to the stand.
When I'm playing sniper from my kitchen window I use a bag of white rice semi folded into a cradle with a large rubber band to lay the stock into.
Holds it steady , cushions things and helps absorb the shock from the Ruger.
BTW, me and my "squirrel girl" finally dropped that 2nd tree rat.
BG will be watching for the next one to come down the fence row.

I bought a retired FWB 300S German shooting range mule from a guy on the Yellow Forum that used to import them for resale several years ago, I dunno if he is still around or does that anymore. It's been a while since I had any active contact with anybody on Euro regulations on AG use, I don't recall limitations on pellet purchases, just power MV/ FPS.
Anyone know for sure present status/ countries?

Back
Top Bottom