Air Lift '00 Mountaineer

skippy_ps

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have droopy butt on the Mountie, down about 2" in the rear.

Got the bag kit and wireless compressor set up and installed it last weekend. I had a hard time trying to find a place to put the compressor and manifold but finally settled on putting the manifold on top of the spare tire mount and the compressor inside the left rear of the frame.

I couldn't find an easily accessible key on/hot place to hook up the main power so I connected the main power wire next to the battery and clipped the relay trigger wire off and connected it inside the car near the left rear tail lamp (key on/hot, key off/dead). Works.

dK0h0Uc.jpg

lrej28f.jpg

GGDFfyn.jpg

CeAb04S.jpg

aBv6Yjt.jpg

0cMoNKK.jpg

45w4z9K.jpg

So -- is that like hydraulics? Can you make it dance when you're sittin' at a traffic light now?

(I'm sorry ... I couldn't resist...)

In seriousness that is cool and looks like far more work than I'd ever tackle on a car any more :)

So -- is that like hydraulics? Can you make it dance when you're sittin' at a traffic light now?

(I'm sorry ... I couldn't resist...)

In seriousness that is cool and looks like far more work than I'd ever tackle on a car any more :)
Umm, I think the max lift is maybe 2, 2.5" so it may not get that high.

It's not too hard to do, actually. Just lots of pieces to put here and there while figuring out how to do it. One trick I learned from watching videos is to hold a small piece of wood against the air tubing when cutting it with a single edge razor blade. Nothin' to it.

Murray

I totally want something like this for the next Hurricane Harvey that rolls through here! I’d like a raised truck that I can raise even higher when the need arises.

Back
Top Bottom