AIWA AD-L300u

Jonesy09

Anyone know anything about this deck? I've read some of the history on Aiwa relating to Sony, etc...but can't seem to find much info specific to this model. I have a relative giving up some gear and I'm wondering about the status of this model.

Can't find much but I liked the Aiwa decks when I was selling them in the late 70-early 80s. The L300 seems to be from a couple years later, mid-80s. Should be a nice machine, lower end but heck their AD-1250 was a great entry level unit a few years earlier.

I finally got the manual so at least I have some specs. Seems like a middle of the road 2 head deck but has some nice options. What did you like about Aiwa in particular? And thanks for your input.

1) they worked and didn't break.
2) they sounded better model for model against the competition until you got to the Tandberg level.
3) they seemed to be built with better materials.

We would do a quick record/playback of a chunk of music from a record and listen. The Aiwas always sounded great.

Well I guess this one broke. Got it, powered on, everything lit up fine but no movement. Cracked it open and immediately found the two belts to and from the reset meter disintegrated, so I'm guessing the other belts are toast. A belt kit at VE is $24 but the last two auctions I've seen for this model aren't moving at about $35. Wondering if it's worth the time, effort and cash to get this up and running.

Hello and happy new year to all!
I have bought this model at a flea market. It needs some attention, but it is operational.
@Jonesy09 is it possible to share the manual you mention on post #4?

thank you very much in advance!

Back
Top Bottom