Aiwa P50, C50, and R50!

bshorey

Hey All,

I've been looking for a set of these for a long time now. I've gone so far as to have bought a Hitachi mini system, and an Aiwa P22 amp and C22 preamp. I'm using these, with Infinity RS1000's and RS2000's for office systems (home office and office office).

Today, I stumbled across the P50 amp, C50 preamp, and R50 tuner on Boston CL for a whopping $50! Birddog, how did you miss this one?

They are in excellent cosmetic condition, and work perfectly! Whoo hoo!

Attachments

• T_IMG_1561.JPG
    T_IMG_1561.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 118
Hi
want more? My son has a set w/ 2 P-50, its really bad built stuff, not in a way to compare with the Aiwa 22 minis. All pots are very weak and cause problems all the time and are nearly unrepairable...
The AIWA 22 were real good stuff insread, i use myself.

Actually, I just put it in D&S about 10 minutes ago... I missed it this morning!

Great stuff, I had a complete system, with the remote units, cassette, timer, and TT, that I passed on to bowtie427ss, who has a small collection of these units!

Hi
want more? My son has a set w/ 2 P-50, its really bad built stuff, not in a way to compare with the Aiwa 22 minis. All pots are very weak and cause problems all the time and are nearly unrepairable...
The AIWA 22 were real good stuff insread, i use myself.

I could be talked into it..

I agree that these are not on the same level as the 22's, but they don't seem like junk! Maybe I just got lucky with a well maintained set? Who knows?

Makes me appreciate the 22's even more, with the brushed faces, etc. The 50's do seem to be a step towards cost savings.

Still, it will make a nice set for the office! Now, I just need that elusive pair of Infinitesimals to complete the system.

bs

Hi

i bought 2 P50, 2 C50 and found that ALL Pots have unsolvable Problems, cleaning was no solution. Most of the switches and pots are just no quality parts. The tuner was the best of the series.
I wanted to combine one working rig, but wasn't happy with the result at all. Its really cheap built stuff. The 80 may be better, but i can't tell. Same with the minis, the 25 is worst i've seen, the 30 a bit better.
Maybe if one find an excellent never used set... it may be in good condition, but users won't survive long i guess. and... no parts to get for the stuff here in germany.

I could be talked into it..

I agree that these are not on the same level as the 22's, but they don't seem like junk! Maybe I just got lucky with a well maintained set? Who knows?

Makes me appreciate the 22's even more, with the brushed faces, etc. The 50's do seem to be a step towards cost savings.

Still, it will make a nice set for the office! Now, I just need that elusive pair of Infinitesimals to complete the system.

bs

Back
Top Bottom