AK chat no longer works after Java update

kirk57

Some guy on the Internet
Subscriber
I don't know if anybody else has experienced this, but after a Java update to 1.7.0_05-b06 a couple of months ago, AKchat is totally non-functional for me.

If you've experienced this, and fixed it, then please let me know how. Java doesn't seem interested in a downgrade.

Thanks

Kirk

I've done every Java update when they come along, and have had no problem with chat. Using Chrome as my browser.

try clearing cookies /cache/history .

Tried that, still not working.

Using Chrome as a browser, not working for that either. Or Explorer. or Firefox. Worked fine for years, before the last Java update.

I'm surprised nobody else has had this problem.

Last edited:
Tried that, still not working.

Using Chrome as a browser, not working for that either. Or Explorer. or Firefox. Worked fine for years, before the last Java update.

I'm surprised nobody else has had this problem.
Did you do that from the Java control panel, to clear the saved "temporary internet files"? I had to do that a while back to get something else to work after an update.

Did you do that from the Java control panel, to clear the saved "temporary internet files"? I had to do that a while back to get something else to work after an update.

Ed-

Not that didn't fix it either, but I do see that the console thinks I'm running 1.6, when I downloaded 1.7, so there may be some conflict. A clue!

Investigating..

Edit: uninstalled 1.7, and found an old version of 1.6. Working now... thanks for help guys!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom