AK Express needed – California to Washington, N Oregon

Charivari

Fighting Naïve Realism
Hello all, I’m looking for someone traveling up the coast from the Central California area to Washington state or even Northern Oregon in the next month or two who could transport two large, rather heavy audio objects (bigger than a breadbox, heavier than a fridge - ~500 lbs total and near appliance size together.) I live in Central Washington, but can meet anywhere in Washington or even the upper parts of Oregon if someone is headed this way.

I would like to reimburse this favor, if any step forward, in speakers. I have available one pair of EPI 120Cs in good aesthetic and electrical condition with the preferred older style Masonite inverted dome tweeter and a pair each of Boston Acoustics A70 and Pioneer HPM-40s. Both these latter pairs have been a little abused. The BAs need to be refoamed thanks to my clumsiness with a screwdriver. The Pioneers look like they belonged to some college student in years past, but work aside from the supertweeters. If these are not satisfactory, maybe I have something else that will be of preference.

Hopefully someone has some vacation plans that would work.

Thank you for dropping by and have a Happy 4th.
- JP

Anyone Migrating North for the Summer?

Well, I'm not fond of bumping threads, but the view count on the above post has held steady for the last few days, let alone being pushed back three pages.

So, I'd like to renew my request for assistance in this matter. It is my hope that someone already has plans to head North this summer in a truck and would be willing to help out. The speakers are payment for making the effort.

If someone is heading this way in a truck, please contact me if the option of the speakers isn't satisfactory and maybe we can work something out. For instance, I have some turntables to offer instead (Toshiba, Technics, and a Pioneer).

Thank you,
JP

Thanks for the link, I just checked it out. Sadly, there are two factors going against using such a service, even though Greyhound does come right to my town. First, there is a 100 lbs limit according to that webpage. Second, the individual at the other end cannot handle the items due to injury.

I do appreciate your trying to help. Thanks.
- JP

First off, I would like to thank Kamakiri for creating this forum and for so kindly moving this thread here.

Ok, so I have a bit of an update. I've been using some of my contacts and have located possible transportation. The catch is, they only go so far South as Eureka. Drat.

I was wondering, is there anyone in California living around Eureka who travels down the San Francisco area who could transport the items to their home so my other arranged transport can pick them up there? The audio items I've offered up to trade for assistance would still be valid, I'd just ship 'em South.

Thank you for checking this thread.
- JP

'Nuther Update:

I have learned that my eldest niece's husband is heading North from California soon in with a U-Haul truck. He will be departing from Chico, which I was told is South of Redding near Willows.

Is anyone willing to help out to get the goods that far for the same deal mentioned before? Time has just about run out now for this transportation and for any chance at all.

Thanks,
- JP

Back
Top Bottom