AK Fest 2005 Roll call.

I will be there with my McIntosh MC40's....and i wouldnt mind if someone took some esoteric 6L6GC's so I can see what the hubub is about...
I may take my Dynaco Iron mono's as well, If i still have them!

I'll be there, If the work schedule can be cleared :thmbsp: !

And the wedding plans for our son don't get in the way :sigh: ...

Thanks for the early notice... :yes:

Can't wait to meet a few more AKer's :smoke:

Cheers
Army

If you don't mind a newbee coming, I will be there. I am really looking forward to hearing all the setups and putting faces to the threads.

DATES for AK fest 2005?

grumpy said:
Details should be available by mid next week. :yes:
I probably just missed it, but maybe I'm not the only one. What are the dates for the event?

Think I have the wife conviced!!!

I think I can, I think I can :banana: :banana:
I definately want to make it, maybe hook up with someone out around Buffalo and share the driving duties to break the day up. Bob

cabinover said:
I think I can, I think I can :banana: :banana:
I definately want to make it, maybe hook up with someone out around Buffalo and share the driving duties to break the day up. Bob

Kamakiri lives in Buffalo, and I live East of Buffalo near Letchworth State Park. Carpooling may work, depending on what gear we want to bring. I was considering my Mc2205, Mac4100, and CF'4's, so that would leave room in my truck for just one passenger, if he DOESN'T bring gear. LOL! Wished I had a panel or conversion van... there'd be more room since I could stand the speakers up and strap them to the sides of the vehicle. Snapshotjc told me his wife thought his CF-4's looked like coffins... LOL - that's a bit of an exaggeration, but they really are about the size of Hobbit Coffins.

tubino said:
I probably just missed it, but maybe I'm not the only one. What are the dates for the event?

The dates are April 9 and 10 and it will be held just outside of Detroit in the city of Southfield. For more info check out the AK Fest website http://audiokarma.org/ak2005/

I plan to drive down from TO. Maybe I will have my little DIY speakers I could bring down if anyone whats to hear some XBL^2 speakers.

Grumpy:

What do we need to do to reserve some space? I'm thinking of dragging over a couple pairs of Advents and my Marantz 2265B and doing a Stacked Advent thing.

Ain't in the DeHavilland/Tannoy class, but it is a classic, vintage setup I don't think too many have actually heard, but everyone has heard of. I haven't.

If any member wants to reserve some space please write me to let me know. The sooner the better. Also this year we unfortunately have to charge 20.00 for the pleasure of displaying your system. We will provide you with a sturdy table and a place to plug her in.

As mentioned try to let me know well ahead of time so i can reserve space for your system.

Andy

I think the Marantz/Advents would be a real treat !

Received and you now have a spot reserved. Thanks !

grumpy...we discussed this briefly, but I'll post here and get feedback from the rest...

Any interest in bringing some measurement gear? Scope, distortion analyzer, signal generator...? Test for power output, distortion, etc...?
Maybe a 'tip' jar on the side for AK donations...

(...see? You really can't drag me away from this stuff... :D )

Some test gear I can bring

EchoWars said:
Any interest in bringing some measurement gear? Scope, distortion analyzer, signal generator...? Test for power output, distortion, etc...?
I'm in driving distance, so I can bring something. I have a nice 'scope and a decent signal generator. I have a couple HP distortion analyzers I might be persuaded to put in the car too. Oh and the RS SPL meter too.

Test CDs can be handy too.

Well, I got my Honkin' new/old Tek SG-505 with the Tek DA 4084 analyser, the combo of which has a residual of about 0.0002% (if I shut off all the fluorescent lamps in the vicinity), plus the scope and a square wave gen all on a roll-around cart. I was just gonna toss the cart 'n all in the van.

I just thought that if there was enough interest, I might do it.

EchoWars said:
. I was just gonna toss the cart 'n all in the van.

Hey got enough room left over for a stowaway :D

Thinking if I can get away, we could share the driving/gas etc... :scratch2:

Just a thought :smoke: !

Cheers
Army

OMG! That would mean driving through **GASP** IOWA!! :yikes:

I'd think that something could be arranged. :scratch2:

Cant wait to meet more of youse guys. Sandy better drag his butt up here or else ! LOL

Echo

I think its a great idea to bring some of your test gear IF its not to much trouble. Just don't let testing everyones gear turn into a weekend of work :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom