AK fest 2006 slideshow

Thanks for the pics Shelby1420 :drool: There was some sweet looking systems and I'm sure they sounded great. Glad you guy's had a blast.

I am sorry I missed it...

I ran into a small financial snafu and had to cancel my plans at the last minute. Thanks for the pics! :thmbsp:

Hey-Hey!!!,
What a bloody good time...

On the slide show, #5 is my PP 1269 amp, not powered at the time( it glows well ).
#42 shows it glowing...:)

Thanks for posting, and of course thanks to our host. I enjoyed the heck out of myself, and won one cool black Klipsch shirt. ALready plotting the 2007 Fest with the most excellent room-mate Squidward.
cheers,
Douglas

PakProtector said:
Hey-Hey!!!,
What a bloody good time...

On the slide show, #5 is my PP 1269 amp, not powered at the time( it glows well ).
#42 shows it glowing...:)

Thanks for posting, and of course thanks to our host. I enjoyed the heck out of myself, and won one cool black Klipsch shirt. ALready plotting the 2007 Fest with the most excellent room-mate Squidward.
cheers,
Douglas

I was really hoping that seond pic would have turned out a little clearer!!! Nice gear!! :thmbsp:

Thanks for the pics and the slideshow guys! Maybe next year I will actually have time to experience it for myself. Almost like being there though.

RC

#18 is my 6 pack of speakers

Starting from the left top they are:

EPI 100s on DCM Timewindow 1As
Boston Acoustics A70s on Polk Monitor 10As
On the table, JBL 4311 monitors and Yamaha NS-670s
Switching was controlled by an Adcom 6 way speaker selector and they were driven by an Onkyo TX-5000 and fed by a Toshiba SD-3960 DVD player and a Dual 1219 turntable. the Marantz 2230 in the picture was for sale and used Friday to set up the speakers/switchbox.

Cool pictures! Thanks for putting those up. :thmbsp:

That Pioneer rack with the Spec amps and the Infinity speakers looks awesome! I wonder which lucky member owns that set-up? I'da love to have heard that! :yes:

Looks like a fun gathering!
I only recognize grumpy, Kamakiri & Echowars.
I gotta ask this question. Am I mistakin' or did I see a picture of Kamakiri singing on stage? :D

Russ

RussinOhio said:
Cool pictures! Thanks for putting those up. :thmbsp:

That Pioneer rack with the Spec amps and the Infinity speakers looks awesome! I wonder which lucky member owns that set-up? I'da love to have heard that! :yes:

Looks like a fun gathering!
I only recognize grumpy, Kamakiri & Echowars.
I gotta ask this question. Am I mistakin' or did I see a picture of Kamakiri singing on stage? :D

Russ

Actually that was Tim yodeling.......a very moving experience............

Great pics, and it was fun trying to figure out who's room was who's? I was sick so I couldn't go, now I'm sick THAT I couldn't go... Oh well, mebbe next year...

Yeah, I missed alot too. I could only stay for a short time on Saturday, and also had a swap meet table. Sold a couple of items, so it was worth the trouble of hauling it there. However, having a swap meet table kept me going back to the swap room periodically, and I didn't get a chance to see some great set ups. We had Venus HiFi across the hall, so we did get to listen to some great tunes on an unbelievably cool system in Brian's room.

Overall, though, a great time!!

I am most disappointed that I didn't get to go this year because my urologist decided that friday at 8pm was a good time to remove a kidney stone! Better luck for me next year.

Yes indeed, shelby1420 - thanks for all of the great photos!

I can help out with the identities of some of the gear in the slideshow. Slides 43 through 45 are all from the Blue Circle room. Number 43 shows a BC202 hybrid power amp sporting some custom colors and a bit of Blue Tak artwork. :D Number 44 shows a prototype integrated amplifier, and number 45 shows a prototype preamplifier. (Gilbert's ALWAYS got some new and unusual designs in the wings, it seems!) I wish I could have spent more time in this room during the show, but I was involved in four different rooms this year...

Slide 48 was taken in the Zu Loudspeaker and Cable room, and shows a pair of Zu's Druid MKIV loudspeakers and their new Mini Method subwoofer (which was actually not turned on for most of the show). The rack in the middle contains several pieces of gear that I brought from my little shop for Zu to use, including (1) a Yamamoto Sound Craft A-08S power amp, (2) a Blue Circle BC3 Despina preamp, and (3) a Lector CDP-7T tube CD player. Oh, and the rack itself is a Yamamoto design.

Cheers,
Brian
Venus Hi-Fi

whell said:
We had Venus HiFi across the hall, so we did get to listen to some great tunes on an unbelievably cool system in Brian's room.

Thanks for the kind words, whell!

Back
Top Bottom