AK Fest - 2011

Definitely want more info on the 2011 fest. I should probably bring my own music this time around. =P

So is there any information about 2011 that can be shared? Even if it's not set in stone, can you let us know if it'll be happening ... and a round-about time of when? I'm an OEM speaker builder who would very much like to exhibit, and it would help a lot if I could start planning for the trip.

Hate to say it, but I believe the planning for an annual AK fest probably starts immediately after a fest, I don't think Ernie, Dave and Mrs Grumpy get more than a day off after the fest and planning for the next one starts. I'd imagine getting commercial exhibitors is pretty challenging considering us AK'ers are all about DIY and probably seldom buy new and expensive systems. Maybe we just need a hotel for a week-end for members to bring systems?? Without commercial sponsors that could get pretty expensive. :tears: just me $02, Dave. :D

In the past the Fest has welcomed many different types of exhibitors, from the well known to DIY'ers.

In the past the Fest has welcomed many different types of exhibitors, from the well known to DIY'ers.

I missed Partsexpress, Madisound did make it this year, I dream about many items in their DIY catalog!! :D

I'd imagine getting commercial exhibitors is pretty challenging considering us AK'ers are all about DIY and probably seldom buy new and expensive systems.

I think there's a bit of everything here. I'm pretty far from being a DIY'er, though I've attempted a few small projects. In fact, I think I'm the last person you'd want anywhere near a soldering iron! I do buy new and used gear. I've also seen newer gear in non-exhibitor rooms at the fest.

Amen brother!

Maybe I will be able to land a road trip there with my dad, doubtful that I will make it to this one though, budgets are tight all around.

If you manage to fly into Detroit my dad and I can probably give you a ride there...

Any further details on the 2011 Fest?

I had Rammstein among my CD's last fest. I only remember one guy picking that one to listen. I think it was jsixis.

Nope, not me, I listened to whatever you played but prefer metal.
I do remember Brad Paisley having a guitar battle song and I was amazed how the system nailed the two different guitars.

I am very concerned .... Is Grumpy going to do this for 2011? If not him then who?

I'd be willing to go and drop some cash for a ticket. Last year was great and gave me a great excuse to indulge my nerdy self.

Afest 2011

I am a non sub-scriber so I cannot see the contents of the link. Can anyone enlighten us? I thought $20 for admission was a great price. I am willing to pay more...lets say $40.

Make a little noise !

This should be easy.....a veritable No Brainer.
It seems AK 2011 a is still up in the air.
I suggest an outcry of support may be able to sway that decision.
Let 'em know how you feel folks !

Back
Top Bottom