AK helping Families for the Holidays 2010

Ms Grumpy

Administrator
Admin
Super Mod
Subscriber
Wow, October already! It's that time of year again, when we start thinking about the approaching holidays, and what can we do to help those in need during the holiday season.

Three years ago, we started what has become a tradition, helping families in need. We would like to continue that this year, because this past year has been a tough one for a lot of people. Many of us have seen our family and friends struggle just to make ends meet.

Our first year we were able to adopt 3 families. With all your generosity last year we shopped and delivered Christmas presents to 3 new families, we also found a food kitchen that was having a local business match any funds collected on a certain day and with our donation it equaled 1800 meals for the needy. But it did not end there, your donations kept coming in and after all was said and done, Audiokarma members' donations gave 27 families a Christmas. What an exceptional group of people we have here.

“Everyone has a talent and a unique perspective and when shared with those in need, it helps to foster positive effects in their community, creating a new dimension in their own lives and the lives they touch.”

So now we are asking for your help again this year. We will be working again with the Volunteers of America organization. They take requests for help, then they verify the information and when everything is verified they will give us a sheet with all the family information such as kids ages, kids needs, etc. In the past we have tried to help those with overwhelming needs, like the first year we adopted a family with 7 children. If you would like to read more about last years families please click on the links at the bottom of this page.

If you are interested in making a donation to our “Adopt Families for the Holidays” fundraiser, please include the phrase “Family Holidays” with your donation.

We have chosen to start the donations a little earlier this year, so that this will give everyone the opportunity to budget for a donation, if you choose to. We're asking only for whatever help you can afford to give.

"If you haven't got a penny, then a ha'penny will do.
If you haven't got a ha'penny, then God bless you."

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Here are the 2 ways you can help by donating:
1) paypal: donation@audiokarma.org
2) please include “Families” when making your donation

2) snail mail:
Audiokarma LLC
29488 Woodward ave.
Suite 160
Royal Oak Michigan 48073

Thank you for all your past generosity, and your continued support. And we hope that you all have a safe and Happy Holiday.
Nancy
Ms Grumpy

Links to last years posts:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=265068&highlight=families+holidays

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=267870&highlight=families+holidays

Just an idea, but maybe we can plan our auctions for this a little earlier too. That'd save the donor from rushing it out the door, to try to get the item there before Christmas, in case the buyer has plans about it being a gift. :scratch2: I dunno what yet, but I can probably donate something this time too, instead of just scarfing. :D ;)

Just an idea, but maybe we can plan our auctions for this a little earlier too. That'd save the donor from rushing it out the door, to try to get the item there before Christmas, in case the buyer has plans about it being a gift. :scratch2: I dunno what yet, but I can probably donate something this time too, instead of just scarfing. :D ;)

Great idea. Just contact me or grumpy.

Thank you folks, were off to a great start. We are hoping to adopt more families then ever before.

Grumpy

I was amazed at how many of you have already started the fund raising. Let's keep this going, so that we can help as many families as possible.

I had some money sitting in my PP account from a recent Barter Town transaction. PP sent.

Denny

Thank you very much Denny.

Dave

Rob, got your mail and I have to say thank you so much. It was very nice to open that envelope and find your generous donation. Thank you.

I wanted to let you guys know about a phone call that I received today. I was asked if we would do an interview with Channel 2 News for the Volunteers of American organization. This year VOA will be hosting it's very first telethon to raise money and they wanted to know if we would tape an interview for the telethon. I guess that the powers that be, thought that work that we have done with VOA for the past few years was really something amazing. I think that we are the lucky ones to be able to do what we do every year with all the help from all the members. As we have more information I will let you know.

Thank you to all who have donated so far, and for those of you who aren't sure if they should, just look at the past few years posts about the families. And may everyone have a happy and safe Holiday.

Ive been setting stuff aside all year to sell in bartertown for this cause.

I dont see any posts here by other than subscribers but for the the AK members that dont know, Bartertown is in the Subscriber Area. Its a place where you can hang out in your underwear and buy, sell, barter, give away, ask for and just peruse cool stuff.

All the Cool AK'rs hang out there. :beatnik: :D

Almost like American Express,....Subscription has its privilages.

I hope to best my last year contribution. :thmbsp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom