AK loading, anybody else having trouble?

JonTee

Just curious, is anybody else having problems trying to load the Audio Karma site up on their pc? Lately, while trying to load up AK, I've been locked up and then getting a message saying site's server is either broken or busy. The only way I could get on now was by doing a google search and finding a cached listing. This is the only site that I'm having this problem with. I guess I'll just have to stay here 24 hours a day (like I'm not already):rolleyes:

Jon :)

Usually that 5:00 AM window is hit or miss, but Saturday afternoon it wasn't loading for me for a few hours. Kam has looked into it and got some "Server maintenance" responses, so I gotta believe we are OK on our end(s).

Well, thats good to know. This has been happening to me since Thursday and with this phone line hook-up it's hard to tell if the problem is on my end or somewhere else.

Thanks, Andy.

Jon:)

It was an inconvenience...but I'm OK now......had to go sit on the Klipsch forum in the meantine......:dammit:

Hello all,

I like this place.
Right up my vintage alley.

The site appears to be working fine for me.
Is this a reoccuring problem?

Gary, I hear ya.
It used to be different over there, though.
All good things must come to pass, my friend.

When are ya coming down for a demo?
I'm thinking of A/Bing my Khorns and Maggies.
Talk about worlds apart.
Wow.

Regards,
John

Welcome Audioreality!

I see from your posts (1) you are new to us. Khorns and maggies, I'm sure you will find some new friends here. If you are into JBL 15" and Altec driven wood horns for simple 2-ways that is my gig. I also like single ended tube amps. What are you powering your system with???
Cheers, Ron

Hi Ron,

Nice set-up.
I'll bet it sounds sweet.

I run the Maggies (MG2a) with my Adcom GFA 555s and basically roll pre-amps in and out.
Sometimes, the 'ole Sansui AU-519 or Pioneer SA-9500/9500IIs, get a turn at the wheel.
Depends on my mood at the time, I suppose.

I like to mix it up as much as possible.
(searching for synergy, ya know)

My stock Khorns ('58 K-357-B) are run off my Jolida 202A, currently, and are going to be shuffled in place of my RF7s later today.
I've been wanting to see how they mate with my Reference 7 surround set up.
They will be hooked up to my B&K ST2140 using the pre-outs from a Denon 3801.
We'll see....

I just got them less than a month ago, and i'm still "experimenting"
Ha Ha.
So far, the best mate has been a Mac MX113 with a GFA-555.
I find that strange considering i've still got the stock driver compliment with the WE-2 networks in them.
It's really only suppose support a 30-40 watt max input.
The filters don't even get warm, so what the heck.

The wonders never cease. :)

Regards,
John.

555 and 113

Hey, that's a setup I have (555-II), worked decent with my Altec A-7's when I had them, but hard to use when I was scared of too much power to a horn system, never seemed to get really loud, but I saw that the power was indeed being delivered(very clean). I do like flea powered tube amps to be able to kick it out and not worry about driver failure. I have found the 555 to work best with sealed woofers and other amps to work better with ported woofers.

Just got my ASL MG SI 15 DT (KT88 single ended for 15 watts/chnl), but works great with 97db speaker system I have(see avatar).
Have fun, I get to posting when I can, and catch up on the rest. Where do you hail from????
Cheers, Ron

Back
Top Bottom