AK Podcast?

what would that involve?

Styler... can you elaborate a bit more on what you have in mind, and what would be involved in doing this?

Podcasts

if i understand it correctly, anyone with iTunes can sumbit a "radio station" called a "Podcast." you publish you podcast with a URL for your webpage and it automatically links to your iTunes. you then create a podcast by choosing artists/songs as a playlist/podcast and anyone can hear them through iTunes. its basically an easy way to start your own internet radio station, with your iTunes library as the jukebox. apple has to approve your podcast, but after looking through some already, they just mark ones with explicit lyrics as "explicit." might be kinda fun for AK members that use itunes, we could post our podcasts and others could hear what we are litening to. here's a link to the apple site:
http://www.apple.com/itunes/store/podcasts.html
tyler

We have a member who has expressed a desire to start an AK podcast. Just waiting for Kamakiri to get back from his camping trip to discuss it with him and Wardsweb.

styler...

What you are describing ( if I understand correctly) sounds like personal podcasts maintained by individual AK members who use itunes..... perhaps linked somehow via the AK website.

..or did you have in mind a more "official" AK podcast?

I freely admit to being totally ignorant about these things, but I don't understand how playing copyrighted music in a "public" venue such as that doesn't make one liable for payment of royalties and such.

Podcasts

by the way, i think Tentoze should be the person to do put it together, choose music, and keep it going!!! he can even name it "AK Twang." when you post a podcast its free advertising. no one can download any of the songs without paying! by making it go thru itunes they keep people from stealing the songs, but they can get a lot of press and open up people to new music. if you look at their commercial stuff, its even more odd. you can listen to nightline for free, or CNN (isnt CNN a pay channel...) somehow they got everyone to agree to it. i sure it has to do with the fact that iTunes is wildly successful and the music industry realizes the futility of fighting it. iTunes just sold over 500,000,000 songs.

HA! It would be a race between the proggers and the fossil-rockers (and mebbe that one pop music guy) to see who could put a hit out on me first............

Tentoze

I hearby officially nominate Tentoze to take this small project on. Tentoze represents AKs best qualities, has excellent taste in music, and is damn handsome for 65 yo.

styler said:
I hearby officially nominate Tentoze to take this small project on. Tentoze represents AKs best qualities, has excellent taste in music, and is damn handsome for 65 yo.

You left out the part about the sudden psychotic urge to smash the kneecaps of doctors with a Louisville Slugger, which he conveniently carries behind the front seat of his truck.

psychotic urges

what a coincidence, thats what i treat and usually have some thorazine somewhere... aside from the psychotic urge stuff, it may be a great therapeutic activity, you may even be able to do it from the asylum. :D

thorazine

yuck. thorazine is a sleeper that blunts thinking, moving, and may have serious side effects. does have some street value though, mostly with meth-heads who are tweaking or need to go to sleep after a 5 day binge. :thumbsdn:

Well, I was thinking more for my colleagues than myself, actually ...

I used to work with kids on a variety of meds, and I'm glad I don't have to anymore - some were clearly overmedicated, but at the time there was nothing much that I could do about it.

But enough hijacking of the thread - back to the topic, I think the AK podcast would be very cool if we could make it work - no reason there couldn't be twang, prog, and whatever else from time to time ...

styler said:
yuck. thorazine is a sleeper that blunts thinking, moving, and may have serious side effects. does have some street value though, mostly with meth-heads who are tweaking or need to go to sleep after a 5 day binge. :thumbsdn:

Great for hiccups, too.

Back
Top Bottom