AK really slow page loads now

Fisherdude, RichPA. The image loaded instantly, good. Try reloading it several times with CTRL-F5 (force reload, ignoring cache).

I assume that you're still seeing delays on the discussion pages. Is that correct?

Fisherdude, RichPA. The image loaded instantly, good. Try reloading it several times with CTRL-F5 (force reload, ignoring cache).

I assume that you're still seeing delays on the discussion pages. Is that correct?

I have never had delays on any discussion page.

Wait, I just did a search. I had a problem in 2005, but it turned out to be the server company installing new s/w and rebooting. And there was brief issue in 2010.

That's all I got.

Last edited:
This is what I get for 20 seconds before the SLOW loading starts. It's the same way trying to brows threads. I get a long delay followed by a long drug out download. It started out of nowhere and hasn't changed a bit since it first happended 5 months ago. I can surf everywhere else on the net lickity split though. :scratch2:

akdownload.jpg

Dave, I notice you're using IE. One of the main reasons I stopped using IE was because it would frequently sit with one green square showing in the progress bar, just like your pic, and on more than one site.

Give Chrome a try, and see if you still have slow page loads.

Dave, I notice you're using IE. One of the main reasons I stopped using IE was because it would frequently sit with one green square showing in the progress bar, just like your pic, and on more than one site.

Give Chrome a try, and see if you still have slow page loads.

I've been using Chrome for a while since the IE driveby malware thing. For some reason Chrome seems pretty snappy most of the time but then it occasionally hangs. I don't recall that with IE.

Weird how different systems seem to respond differently to what should be essentially the same thing.

I have occasional crashes with Chrome as well, almost always Java related. Still like it better than FF or IE, by a mile.

This thing with slow page loads is curious. The only absolute is that if it were happening at AK, everyone would experience it, and they don't. If it were a browser specific problem due a certain browser not playing nice with AK, then everyone using that browser would be experiencing it, and they don't. It's either something on the individual computer or something with the individual's ISP and/or ISP routing through to AK's server.

I can surf ak! I can surf ak! I can surf ak!

IE wouldn't work,.. Google Chrome wouldn't work either... b b b but by golly Opera Turbo gave the problem a SWIFT KICK IN THE ASS!!!! YEE-HAAW!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I can surf ak! I can surf ak! I can surf ak!

IE wouldn't work,.. Google Chrome wouldn't work either... b b b but by golly Opera Turbo gave the problem a SWIFT KICK IN THE ASS!!!! YEE-HAAW!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

This is an interesting bit of information, especially since you couldn't even load a static image.

After you got things working with Opera, did you retry the other browsers?

This is an interesting bit of information, especially since you couldn't even load a static image.

After you got things working with Opera, did you retry the other browsers?

IE and Chrome still won't work on AK. Opera will only work on AK if I turn on Turbo. It didn't speed up my surfing any at all, except on AK. But AK is the only place I've been having the problem anyways.

My son uses Firefox. He can't load AK neither from this IP. He asked me not to monkey with it though because he's having no issues anywhere else and is more into law now than stereo's.

It took a couple tries to post the above. When posting I got this message. Anyone know what causes it? See below.

**Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.**

It took a couple tries to post the above. When posting I got this message. Anyone know what causes it? See below.

**Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.**

I'm having this as well. Just started a week or two ago. I Googled it, it's a well known problem, but I couldn't find a way to get rid of it. It's "only" irritating, all you have to do is keep X-ing it out two or three times until it goes away.

If anyone has any info...:D

IE and Chrome still won't work on AK. Opera will only work on AK if I turn on Turbo. It didn't speed up my surfing any at all, except on AK. But AK is the only place I've been having the problem anyways.

My son uses Firefox. He can't load AK neither from this IP. He asked me not to monkey with it though because he's having no issues anywhere else and is more into law now than stereo's.

Opera's turbo mode is a proxy service. It's causing the AK page to be delivered via a different route.

You REALLY should try running this to find out why your normal route doesn't work. It might solve your problem as well as helping others. Try running it against audiokarma.org and nexcess.net.

http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/

Back
Top Bottom