AK Retiree Club

Well, I am comfortably back at home after a really swell afternoon at the emergency room in our local hospital. I woke up this morning and realized that my heart was not beating, but rather was buzzing. I was having a tachycardia event. I laid quietly in the bed to see if it would stop. It did not. I got up and tried to decide what to do. After I got up the heart beat returned. I am a very short distance from the fire station; so I drove over there and they hooked me up to the EKG. My sinus rhythm was normal. They asked me what I wanted to do; so I asked to be taken to the ER. After a short drive, I was in the hospital and going through all the hookups etc. My readings were all fine, blood pressure was fine, oxygen and heart rate were great. I explained my issues with about six different people and then I waited for around two hours until the cardiologist came in.

Now I have to worry about this damn thing coming back and the possibility of having a second ablation. I guess I will be keeping you all abreast of the happenings in the future. Fun fun fun!!!!

You had great presence of mind. Sorry for your situation

Christmas hasn't quite broke me yet so I think I'm takin' my Pioneer TT to a tech today. $50 to look at it and it will be credited to the bill so I figure what the HE DOUBLE MATCHSTICKS

It’s official. Retirement in March, with a nice fat package, 60 weeks pay, 60 weeks full medical coverage. Will take me well past 65th bday. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Congrats Chicks! Sweet package. March will be here before you know it.

It’s official. Retirement in March, with a nice fat package, 60 weeks pay, 60 weeks full medical coverage. Will take me well past 65th bday. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
You drove a hard bargan chicks LOL. Or, if it's like where I worked the were happy to cut the payrole by one

Since my recent experience with tachycardia, I thought it would be of interest to some of the device I purchased shortly after my event.

Here it is: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D5JLN5K/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I tried this out last night for a test. You can also apply the pads like a regular EKG or you can hold it in both hands and it will give you a 30 second read. After the test, it will come up with a page that gives you an analysis. You can save up to 200 tests in the memory. I am keeping it right at the head of my bed in case the tachycardia returns. I can the send the report to my computer and have it come out as a .pdf file which I will print and take to my doctor. Since my tachycardia has been very sporadic, as my past experience was, having this to substantiate my claims, instead of feeling like a fool in the ambulance heading to the ER, means a great deal to me.

If you have heart issues, this device could be a life saver for real.

You can always come back.
Maybe will one day.
I would organise it different though. Stayed at this resort, not really my thing, unless one likes to sit around a pool all day drinking cocktails.
upload_2018-12-14_11-15-59.png

The highlight was going up to the top of the mountain at 4.00am to see the sunrise (It was below freezing point I'm sure) this is 1st pic of the sunrise.
upload_2018-12-14_11-18-9.png

Then we were watching the whale as we had breakfast on the terrace.
upload_2018-12-14_11-19-43.png

Ohh, and I bought Jeff Beck "Loud Hailer" at a record shop.
upload_2018-12-14_11-23-0.png

Maybe will one day.
I would organise it different though. Stayed at this resort, not really my thing, unless one likes to sit around a pool all day drinking cocktails.
View attachment 1355763

The highlight was going up to the top of the mountain at 4.00am to see the sunrise (It was below freezing point I'm sure) this is 1st pic of the sunrise.
View attachment 1355766

Then we were watching the whale as we had breakfast on the terrace.
View attachment 1355769

Ohh, and I bought Jeff Beck "Loud Hailer" at a record shop.
View attachment 1355773
Royal Lahaina Resort in Kāʻanapali. I stayed there many years ago. Last time I stayed in Kāʻanapali was at the Westin on the other side of Black Rock. It's next to Whalers Village and a whole lot more fun. They have a huge water slide and swim up bar. lol! I prefer small and more intimate places. Resorts tend to be like Las Vegas or Disneyland.

A recent photo from when friends came to visit. Diver on Black Rock. Lots of fish, eels and occasionally turtles. I've heard whales singing while snorkeling there.
_CMY5280_peace-diver.jpg

Summer solstice at sunset, just below the summit of Haleakalā. I'm going up for sunrise on New Years morning.
_CMY1112_Summer-Solstice_Haleakala-sm.jpg

Endangered False Killer Whales cavorting with Spinner Dolphins off the coast of Lanai across from Maui. Sightings of False Killer Whales is so rare, the Pacific Whale Foundation asked me to donate a bunch of photos I took. The encounter was incredibly special. Plus there was 150+ Spinner Dolphins according to the ship's biologist. Freakin' awesome!
_CMY3394.jpg

Joe, the owner of Request Music. Used vinyl is downstairs. :) EDIT: He also has a pretty good collection of vintage comics for $1-2. Nothing that would fetch a mint, but super cool!
_CMY0158_Joe at Request-sm.jpg

Having a knowledgeable guide helps you to really experience up close and more.

See you next time!

Last edited:
Maybe I can talk the wife into visiting Maui sometime in February. Meanwhile, I've been re-learning how to design PCBs, and it's been a real struggle. I'm beginning to think there's something true in that folklore about old dogs and new tricks. Am I the only one who has this problem, or is it just because I back away from the workstation a lot sooner than I used to when the going gets tough?

I dunno man. A couple years ago I interviewed for a engineering job that was 80% doing PLC system design, programming and start-up back in the production side of the oil biz. I was really good at that stuff before I took a 30 year break doing cell sites. I was sweatin' the prospect of jumping back into that frying pan, didn't get the job and will never know about this old dog and old tricks.

Back
Top Bottom