AK Retiree Club

Thanks. Funny there were no challenges on I70 heading to the Springs. I’m feeling very damn good about renting an AWD Murano for this trip. Got a screaming deal booking it through the AAA website. 2 weeks for $600. So much cheaper, 40%!, than booking direct with Enterprise and taking the AAA discount.

The mural on the brick building is pretty cool, with the window painted as open and the guy and chick squeezing inside the supposed window. My wife and I stopped there on the way to the Petrified Forest Park and the Meteor Crater Park. Cool stuff.

We stopped in Winslow, AZ, did the tourist thing - took some pics with the boys in the band and bought T-shirts.
It was a fun stop, short and sweet.
fullsizeoutput_b00.jpeg

kqBwolVwQ2W8u6yUBSx13w.jpg fullsizeoutput_b06.jpeg

It's my girl oh Lord by a flat bed ford
Ch7jQ8KpRRSoTu0DrDBJ3Q.jpg

Saturday we met my brother and his family at the Cornish Pasty in Flagstaff.
The back side of their beer list gave me a good chuckle.
fullsizeoutput_b15.jpeg

It's been snowing pretty good today at my brother's here in Munds Park, AZ .
Our Murano and the trees were clean this morning.
No wonder my brother and his wife drive his and hers Wranglers.
6IA3l80AT2WoUsHDS50ZEw.jpg

We have a crock pot load of pulled pork, so we won't go hungry :)
fullsizeoutput_b19.jpeg

We are supposed to be leaving for home tomorrow. To be continued ...

I am now officially a member. My last day of work was yesterday, 12/31/2018. I've been blessed that I don't have to worry about bucks, but it's going to be interesting to find out if I can avoid going stir crazy.

The plan is to get some sort of part time job to get me out of the house a few days a week. Maybe shuttling cars for a local dealer or working at Lowe's or Home Depot (every time I go there and the guy or gal can't tell a nail from a bolt, I think "I can do this job"). The immediate project is a bathroom remodel.

I am now officially a member. My last day of work was yesterday, 12/31/2018. I've been blessed that I don't have to worry about bucks, but it's going to be interesting to find out if I can avoid going stir crazy.

The plan is to get some sort of part time job to get me out of the house a few days a week. Maybe shuttling cars for a local dealer or working at Lowe's or Home Depot (every time I go there and the guy or gal can't tell a nail from a bolt, I think "I can do this job"). The immediate project is a bathroom remodel.

Congrats!

Great way to pasturize...tapering off. :thumbsup:

Q

Bath remodel will keep you busy! Contracting out or doing the work yourself?

Happy New Year Parman. Just checking in from the Cracker Barrel in Kingman, AZ. A balmy 39 here. Should be low 50’s at home tonight.

I'll hand it to ya. No way in hell would I get on my bike in that cold.
I used to ride year round including in quite a bit of snow but not if the temp got into the teens. However I have had back problems for quite a while now so I won't ride if I think there could be ice under the snow. If you hit a patch of ice hidden under the snow you're slammed on the ground before you know what happened, ask me how I know LOL:rflmao:

It was in the low 40s at 10,000 feet for sunrise.

Mk_Rb9ewM5YvRLYV2QGv24B-mrPRKJmSDujil9M1ViA_buxDltbEWBoQqg4yfjn8hlC9NB6B2WJt16cf1Yi1Vbk4yfmCyz3sMrqxrH5KFxaW3SECw0YkHPos9gKwSyKYjyL_u4LICbp8Z1UjBZ1a9XB72LONpe9V8Rwmv12-yvNVP_cuSaXpcYaAPP0RH22jkXuOHZ2tk4eww0q0fMSwl5qpRYufS6Fh3A5bImynmrFwsvEjU9ckwu6XDC_BGUd3o1LM_zx0Kdalj9-1S3fg1TJKbPWFIEPJosM1ujvO8wWLc03w-ji7uQ9P0biSpD6XkKXpc0HqAJl0XhhNppO-rml5CnzodK782MHcTX9UMMnS9y4uc6kKamCAVW4z4-efIgPMh4SPeqEomhoQkQKWruVfzBelfSIGbjuUobJZcfBYSks-AY-nIIlCaN_pgJ3P3h0HZaeBrkLrH7ZRJTDJ0JYAa-KSt6O9AAfUpUodHpbdEDwRbBBYUUD74dA2-WOdGwJoxAyhgKKGLvjku3i5iL9GPZ_m2xyPLzA68wuYXA1kz5BOOyGTAaJ4N2704-BwGVf8nBigp0g8RI7JL8_e5R9dT7mSQ2QiZpA45xan1wNH50kx4QFA-R2xUZiMpRmH7x0lyUGfrfPnzV3NI-u31iOX=w1250-h834-no

Happy New Year!

Hell I didn't know it gets cold in AZ???
Very much so up in the high country north of the Grand Canyon. It was 12 last night and about 0 with wind chill. 9 hours on the road today. Decompression mode here at casa elco - blueberry cookies flower, Squirt and Miles.
46E55CD1-1241-4F06-A15A-2189CDCC8CFA.jpeg
Miles for the miles as it were.

I used to ride year round including in quite a bit of snow but not if the temp got into the teens. However I have had back problems for quite a while now so I won't ride if I think there could be ice under the snow. If you hit a patch of ice hidden under the snow you're slammed on the ground before you know what happened, ask me how I know LOL:rflmao:
Ditto for sections of gutter that don’t drain aka slicky water. I went over so quick and hard on my shoulder and metal knee that the pedal axle snapped. It took a good 20 seconds lying in a wet gutter to gather the nerve to look at my knee. Just road rash. Test passed, but once is enough.

Last edited:
Bath remodel will keep you busy! Contracting out or doing the work yourself?

Myself. Really a limited remodel. Strip 20 year old wallpaper, strip paint off all wood services, repaint, some new hardware. Also a new vanity in the same location. No re-plumbing. The tub and shower stall are staying. Maybe some new lighting.

I've done all this before, except for the vanity,

Myself. Really a limited remodel. Strip 20 year old wallpaper, strip paint off all wood services, repaint, some new hardware. Also a new vanity in the same location. No re-plumbing. The tub and shower stall are staying. Maybe some new lighting.

I've done all this before, except for the vanity,
That'll be a easy one, no moving pipes, no new tile work. Probably will be able to use the bath while doing the work.

Back
Top Bottom