AK Retiree Club

I had a lovely visit with my pain management doctor. My appointment was at 2pm and I arrived just before 2. The waiting room has flat bottomed chairs with little or no cushion. I have severely deteriorated lumbar discs which manifest themselves as a source of incredible pain. I take hydrocodone, as provided by the pain doctor. I also take ibuprofen at a dosage of 800mg. Before I left home today at 1pm, I took the ibuprofen. At about 1:45, I took my dosage of hydrocodone. I sat and sat and sat at the doctors office. It was 4pm before they took me back to get my vitals and then I sat in that waiting room till 5:40, when I got my 5 minutes with the doctor. I got my prescriptions and left at 5:50pm. The pain relief that I took wore of by 3:15; so the remaining time I was there, I was in severe pain from sitting on the GD chairs.

It is like this everytime I visit this office and I would like to go to another doctor, but I have been to the other local doctors and they are horrible. This doctor is reasonable, but his office is way overbooked and poorly managed, to say the least. He gives me cortisone shots every 3 months, but they only help for 2 months, which is why this visit was so painful. The time spent is is out of control. The wait is usually 3 hours. Today was the all time record. I just hope that others here do not have to suffer through this kind of situation. Pain is serious and today was as serious as it has been in a long time. Be well.

I would say I feel your pain but maybe not to the same level as you. When I have had flair ups from a herneated disc sitting in a chair for 2 hours would kill me. Sometimes standing would be worse. I have had it where I couldn't sit, stand, lay, walk or sleep, now that's a good time

Went out and hit 2 newer vinyl shops near me today and picked up some tasty LP's on the cheap. Was going to clean some of my 'to be washed' pile when I got home this afternoon but I watched Quadrophenia instead and then I started spinning vinyl this evening. I did manage to get in a workout after I watched Quad, this retirement is a tough gig.

The name "Kona" is reserved for coffee that only comes from Kona. I'll plant whatever I can get and will grow. Arabica, Typica and, Mokka and other varieties.
Jealous. Not that I want to grow it because I suck at growing things. I’d love to process and roast some back-yard island beans. Hmmmm.

Last edited:
Retirement is good for me this morning, woke up at 3:30 with a back ache and couldn't get back to sleep so I got up. When the wife got up at 5:30 I decided to lay back down, woke up at 8 and feel quite a bit better. Glad I didn't have to punch the clock this morning

This kind of rooster(tail)?

8eec82121718447091623867d3dbd173.jpg

7 months 7 days - any advice in health programs?

If I register for SS within 3 months of my retirement with I automatically get Medicare part A ?

Do I have to then register for part B ?

Any advice on Medicare advantage or other plans? I don't take any medications at this time.

7 months 7 days - any advice in health programs?

If I register for SS within 3 months of my retirement with I automatically get Medicare part A ?

Do I have to then register for part B ?

Any advice on Medicare advantage or other plans? I don't take any medications at this time.
How old will you be when you go out?

Back
Top Bottom