Akai 4000D service manual

df_genius

I am in the middle of renovating the 4000D I have and need to get hold of the service manual so I can set it up properly. I have the service manual for the 4000DS/DB but the audio boards are in a different place. Does anyone have a copy of the manual they can send me?

Thanks

I have both the service and parts manual for this one.
Check your PM.:thmbsp:
Hello! Do you still have these? I have a Roberts 450 and am trying to find the AKAI 4000D or Roberts service manual for the same reason! I need to adjust the outputs. Thanks!... Joe

I'd be happy with instructions on how to remove the face plate so I could deoxify my crackly volume pots

OK, Yikes, That's way beyond my ability. Do you think that if I unplug it, I could squirt some deoxit onto the pot and clear it up without disassembling?

Greetings from RojoLand!

"Vintage TX hasn't been seen in 15 months." That may well be true. My post above was more aimed to the quite recent posters who resurrected this 11-year-old-plus thread.

As for DeoxIT-ing the noisy pots: If the 4000D is anything like the 4000DS that replaced it (I have two of them), you will need to pull the deck chassis out of the case, and I think you can get at the pots from the underside and rear of the chassis. I'd have to look over the manual if that's not the case.

Take care,

J. E. Knox "The Victor Freak"

Back
Top Bottom