Akai AA-1020 fuses

JayPare

A friend of mine have an Akai AA-1020 with no left channel output. We found out that blown fuse could cause that and decided to order all of them since I'm already placing an order on Mouser. However, while looking at the Service Manual, I'm not able to determine if the fuses are fast blow or slow blow. This is what I get from the service manual:

upload_2018-6-28_11-12-47.png

Any idea which fuses I need to order?

First off, It is only necessary to replace blown fuses, unless the other fuses have distorted filiments or have heat discoloration on the glass.
If the blown fuse was just a straight filiment it is a fast blow, or normal fuse. Slow blows usually have a spring of sorts connected to the filiment inside the glass.
You can't go wrong putting a fast blow or normal in place, but if you put a slow blow in you can create a cascading problem. But a number of replacements for the blown fuse because you probably have a shorted component that caused the fuse to blow. Many times fuses blow becasue of a shorted output transistor or shorted hybrid output IC

Last edited:
I would get all fast blows. Just check and make sure you are getting the right size.
Normal size is 6mm by 30mm usually referred to as AGC type
Mini fuses is 5mm by 20mm usually referred to as GMA type or 2AG type.

Back
Top Bottom