AKAI AT 2600

russel1972

I have an Akai AT 2600 tuner that, to my opinion, is very good. Can't find an owners manual so I have a question on two different controls. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what they are supposed to do. The first one is the "output" control that is beside the power button. It goes from "minimum to maximum" with a scale from 1 - 10 in between. The other one is the "deviation" toggle switch. Off and on only.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Will still keep enjoying this tuner so these questions are for general information only.

Thanks Al

Like my Akai AT-V04, your tuner has adjustable output to the amp/preamp. You can use it to dial your tuner to sound as loud as your CDP or whatever. You can also use it to directly control a power amp, and thus eliminate a lot of preamp circuitry. I can't help with the "deviation" control, but I'll do some digging.

EDIT: I looked at fmtunerinfo.com, and they liked that model a lot. BTW, to use the adjustable output, you must use the variable output jacks on the back, not the fixed ones.

Last edited:
Like my Akai AT-V04, your tuner has adjustable output to the amp/preamp. You can use it to dial your tuner to sound as loud as your CDP or whatever. You can also use it to directly control a power amp, and thus eliminate a lot of preamp circuitry. I can't help with the "deviation" control, but I'll do some digging.

EDIT: I looked at fmtunerinfo.com, and they liked that model a lot. BTW, to use the adjustable output, you must use the variable output jacks on the back, not the fixed ones.
Thank you. Will play with that tonight when I get home.

Great tuner, one of the TOTL 5 gang models. One of the best sounding I have had, particularly strong in the bass.

The Deviation meter shows you how compressed or uncompressed the station broadcast is. Lots of deviation is good.

Deviation show the modulation amount. Not only can it show you compression where the meter sits mostly in one area. An uncompressed broadcast will show lots of meter movement. Some stations crank up the volume to where the meter will be pegging out. A good station will not peg the meter.

Back
Top Bottom