Akai AT-v04 how to use the variable filter, level output bypass

loudnoises

Escalates Quickly
Subscriber
So i've got this amazing tuner, and i can't find a manual. no biggie really, bit i would like to know how to use the variable filter.

yes i know about the button.

I believe it's variable from 10-100, and the fixed filter is at 30. I don't have many competing stations, but the few i do i can't always narrow down using the set filter. Is it safe to adjust the filter while tuning, or should i be tweaking it with the unit off? Is there a way to know where i'm setting it or just trial-and-error?

And has anyone bypassed the variable outputs? Any sound quality improvement?

In case you missed it, here is a review from back in the day. Very complete, describes the functions well.

http://www.anarc.org/wtfda/akai.pdf

By variable filter, do you mean the Muting Level control on the back? Not really a filter as it does not narrow the IF band, just changes the signal level at which the tuner mutes IIRC. It is safe to use that or the front panel muting buttons while using the unit.

Very good tuner indeed. I had one and was impressed. I don't remember comparing the outputs but the fixed one should sound a bit better in a good system.

I bypassed the variable output on my AT-V04 a few months ago. I think it sounds better, but can't really say for sure......it sounded great before and still sounds really good. I know that others have reported distinct improvement. Perhaps depends on the condition of the muting control.

Back
Top Bottom