Akai GXC-570D MkI vs MkII ; External Differences?

numerique

I recently picked up an old Akai GXC -570D and downloaded service manuals for both MkI and MkII versions but have not yet noted any obvious external differences while sifting through the pdfs.

I was hoping the Akai photo might reveal a MkII on the front panel but the manual photo is not very clear.

Will a disassembly for servicing ( belts , lubrication, etc) be required before I can determine which version I own?
IMG_20161202_144306_449.jpg

ACH, Lieber Gott ! :naughty:

After doing another Google search, I found a photo on flickr that answered my question.

Now I need to go back home and do a re-check of the mfr plate on my deck.

Thanks anyway, folks ! :beerchug:

Last edited:
As far as I remember the 1st version has toggle switches for Dolby, limiter and MPX filter, MkII has push switches.

The MkII has 2 positions for normal cassettes: high and low.

The 1st version weights 13 kg, the MkII 9,5 kg.

I haven't found any photo files on line large enough to display a clear indication of a Mk II on the front panel but did find a clear photo showing the "II" designation following the model number on the rear mfr plate; something I had not seen on my unit prior to the Google image search.

However, that was the easiest task.

Per what I see of old on line posts- the really difficult task will now be locating enough good ( rubber ) parts to completely refurbish the tape transport mechanism on my MkI .

Last edited:
On the MkII the "II" is labelled in big after the model number under the keyboard, and the dolby and adr labels are located between the cassette lid and the keyboard.

I haven't found any photo files on line large enough to display a clear indication of a Mk II on the front panel but did find a clear photo showing the "II" designation following the model number on the rear mfr plate; something I had not seen on my unit prior to the Google image search.

Per what I see of old on line posts- the really difficult task will now be locating enough good ( rubber ) parts to completely refurbish the tape transport mechanism on my MkI .

I've got a MK 1 version running happily. Te rubber parts can be sourced from a German eBay vendor that also sells similar parts for Tandberg tape decks. Please PM me if you have trouble finding him.

I've got a MK 1 version running happily. Te rubber parts can be sourced from a German eBay vendor that also sells similar parts for Tandberg tape decksdid find . Please PM me if you have trouble finding him.

¡Muchas gracias!

I did find << revox de >>
http://www.ebay.com/usr/revox_de?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
selling a kit for the DII version; not certain if parts are identical for my MkI

I was unaware of the French film you mentioned,
but the video excerpts on You Tube

from what I see, the movie appear to be très amusant........

french-french-paris-france-smiley-emoticon-000584-large_zps3e94d944.gif

Last edited:

Per what I see of old on line posts- the really difficult task will now be locating enough good ( rubber ) parts to completely refurbish the tape transport mechanism on my
EUBxZdA

script%3E
MkI .
here I own it:upload_2021-8-9_19-11-26.png

Lovely deck!

Two questions as for comparison to my own stuff: does it run hot? And are you in the EEG (230V) zone?

Back
Top Bottom