Akai AM-2200
Akai AM-2450
Akai AM-2600
Akai AM-2800

Greets,

Keessie

Last edited:
Hi,

I just started my Akai collection. I own Akai AA-R20 (nice, solid built and very low output), Akai GX-65 (great, though I am still trying to figure out what is the difference with GX-65 MkII, anybody knows?) and now I am looking for matching amplifier for this deck - maybe Akai AM-75. Anyway there are not so many good offers in Europe. Only a few overpriced ebay offers...
BTW, anybody has user manual for Akai GX-65? I have service manual only....

thank you,

I like Akai stuff also. I have the AM-2950 (2 of them) one is 110V the other is 220V. The 220V one has some issues, so it is out of service at the moment. I also have the AA-1200 receiver. The 1200 has major balls. Small, non-imposing volume dial with some serious whoop ass behind it. I'm really surprised how powerful this receiver is.

One of the best sounding Akai's I've heard is the AA-1080DB. I have one of those also and although it has needed alot of work and is a "bitch" to work on, it sounds fantastic.

I saw a thread in another section about someone who scored the Akai PM amp and preamp, other really cool items.

Enjoy!

Hi AKAI Kids.......sorry to double post.......I originally put this in the vintage audio section.
I probably should have posted my AKAI find here.
I scored a matching pair of AKAI PS120M(130wpc amp) and PS-200C(pre-amp) from a work buddy. Very nice stuff that I never even knew existed.
early eighties vintage gear...I love it.
IM000052.jpg

It is great to see all the equipment that has survived.
thanx .......................graham

Hi,

I can get a Akai AM-2800 for 75 euro (as i live in the Netherlands) is that a good deal or should i blow it of and stay with my AM-2600 and AM-2450?

Greets,

Keessie

Hi AKAI Kids.......sorry to double post.......I originally put this in the vintage audio section.
I scored a matching pair of AKAI PS120M(130wpc amp) and PS-200C(pre-amp) from a work buddy. Very nice stuff that I never even knew existed.
IM000052.jpg

Well I said pm---but I meant PS....awesome gear. Very jealous, you have to realize that you just landed an AKAI find of the century!
Seriously, really great find, enjoy and keep forever!

Hi,

I can get a Akai AM-2800 for 75 euro (as i live in the Netherlands) is that a good deal or should i blow it of and stay with my AM-2600 and AM-2450?

Greets,

Keessie
I think it is very good price. Though I am not sure if it is worth upgrade from AM-2600. Actually I was looking for AM-2800 black, but could not find normal offers...

IM000052.jpg

Oh, nice set! I've seen one but in black on ebay for 600 Euro!

the akai gx-52 is indeed a sleeper of a cassette deck..:yes:

i have the user manual somewhere if you need a copy..
Hi melofelo,
since nobody has Akai GX-65's user manual, and your device looks very similar to GX-65, would you be so kind to share your manual with me, please? thank you!
BTW, do you know by any chance what remote control matches GX-65 seria? I guess it should be the same with other GX-s.
thanks

sure..i'll try to scan it over the weekend..send me pm to remind me..
i don't know much about the remote i'm afraid :scratch2:..

Last edited:
gx-52 remote info...

..i just checked the manual..the remote for the gx-52 is called a rc-32(wired type) or rc-92 (wireless type).

..i just checked the manual..the remote for the gx-52 is called a rc-32(wired type) or rc-92 (wireless type).
Thank you! I will send you a reminder.
Though it seems your wireless remote is different (it consists of two parts), while GX-65 already has infrared receiver on the front, so it should have just normal remote control only. Hm..if I find original user manual, definitely I can figure out what remote I need.
P.S. My Am-75 is on a way to me :banana:

Maybe somebody will be looking for the same info - I found right model of the remote control for Akai GX-65. It is AKAI RC-G65. :smoke:

My Akai AM-75 has just arrived. This is huge and heavy device! In excellent conditions, but I will do some deoxit work tonight. Unfortunately I have only service manual...and need to figure out use all its functions. My old speakers (8Ω) forced it to go into protection mode..:scratch2:
I tried with other (4Ω) and it seemed to be OK. Do you think it makes such a big difference? I am sure user manual should say smth about this. Will keep looking.

Hi,

I am looking for a akai cassetedeck but don't know wich is good.
I want one that sort of match with my AM-2600
What do you guys think about this one Akai GXC-760D 3 head/3 motor?

Greets,

Keessie

Last edited:
My first "serious" gear was AKAI, between 1979-1980 (12
/13 years):

AKAI integrated UC-U4
tuner UC-U3
deck UC (I forgot the model) + speakers

This "tiny" system were better sounding than the vast majority of modern mini "crap" systems out there... Later I paired with Technnics TT...:banana:

Attachments

• AKAI_Deck_3.JPG
    AKAI_Deck_3.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 906-AKA-SWN-2_______-P-A01.jpg
    906-AKA-SWN-2_______-P-A01.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 26
  • AKAI_Tuner.JPG
    AKAI_Tuner.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 28
  • uc-uba.jpg
    uc-uba.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 44
Hi,

A friend of my gave me his AM-2800 wich is blown up.
the amp pcb looks a lot like my 2600 can i replace that one with my 2600?

Greets,

Keessie

I picked this one up at a pawn shop for a song because it was silver, not black. It is one great tuner.

AkaiAT-V04Tuner.jpg

AkaiAT-V04Tuner4.jpg

Anyone have experience doing DIY upgrades to their Akai amps, such as recapping? Since first hooking up my amp I've made many other changes to my setup, and as a result I believe the amp is now my weakest link. I'm thinking about recapping but don't know what sort of improvements I should expect to see.

Back
Top Bottom