Akai PS Series

Vibes_uk

Hi all..I started all over again re-building a hifi i want to keep for years and just managed to pick up complete with manuals an Akai PS Series.
.It consist of an Akai PS-200T Tuner..Akai PS-200C Pre Amp and finally a Akai PS-200M Power Amp...Wow is all i can say about these...The power amp weighs in at a heavy 30 kilos and my back is still complaining today lol...Now all i need to get is a pair of speakers i can run properly with these...Im hoping to get an ADC sound shaper 3 ic in silver shortly..But need input on speakers please..At the moment i have a pair of SonySG-1 Speakers but they are just to pass the time till i get get something more substantial..Any opinions?..Thanks in advance

Welcome to AK! I'm sure we would all like to see some pictures of that Akai system, I know I would. The folks on the Speakers part of the forum would be your best bet on getting the most speaker suggestions. Also be sure to include a rough estimate of the size of your room, power output and impedance (ohms) your amp can handle, your budget, and what kind of sound/music you like- it will help with speaker recommendations.

Hello! I want you to know that you have a system that I would dearly love to have. Also, pics would be great. Are yours silver or black? Silver is my personal favorite, but the both look very sharp. Airframer's advice on speakers is spot on.

Enjoy!

Welcome here. That is my Akai dream system. Well, that and the 93-series. Would love to see some pics to drool over my keyboard.

Akai

Hi..Its in silver..Its rated power is a min 220wpc @ 8 ohms...I missed out on the ADC :sigh:..At the moment im bidding on a pair of Sony SS-G7 Speakers...Ill do the pictures and put them up here asap...The power amplifier is something special and weighs 30 kilos ( i have the marks to prove it lol)..:music:

Akai

Sorry forgot to mention my room is 12ft x 13ft the music i normally listen too is 70' 80's soul and reggae....:music:

Akai

Hi a couple of pics of my Akai...I will do some more at night to show it all lit up also a few internal pics as i know you guys like nudie ones lol:D..This has replaced my last amp which was an Akai AM-95 Reference Master which i must say hurt a lot when i sold it but im sure this will make up for it

Attachments

• $(KGrHqQOKiwE31nbC(1gBN+g50l(c!~~_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqQOKiwE31nbC(1gBN+g50l(c!~~_3.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 141
  • $(KGrHqIOKocE35ugKt0nBN+g6CVROw~~_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqIOKocE35ugKt0nBN+g6CVROw~~_3.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Akai

Hi all i decided to finally rack my hifi..From top to bottom...

Sansui SE-88 Remote Control Graphic Equaliser...

Technics SL-P999 Class AA CD Player...

Akai PS-200 Tuner...

Akai PS-200C Pre Amplifier...

Akai CS-F9 Tape Deck..( Not Staying)..

Akai PS-200M Power Amplifier...

Sony SS-G1 Speakers..(Not Staying But hoping to Get a pair of Sony SS-G7 Speakers)...

All stacked on a Soundstyle unit....:music:

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 104
Akai

Hi guys just an update.. I brought a pair of Celestion Ditton 66's in near mint condition to go with my system and im blown away by the sound..I will be adding pics of my new babies asap...:music:

Those Sonys are very well regarded here in Japan.
And well done on the Akai collection. Everyone loves a nice rack!

Back
Top Bottom