Akai SR-L502 speaker info?

ebk231

AKAI SR-LA502 speakers forgot the "A" in the title. I have a chance to pick these up. I cant seem to find anything on them. Please let me know if you have any details.

akai.jpg akai.jpg akai 2.jpg

Greetings and welcome to AK. I saw the for sale notice but wasn't interested, just slightly curious. If you search for AKAI speakers you find a few threads. Mainly from people who .
are trying to assemble an all AKAI system. and these SR-L502's never come up. One pair that does seem well thought of prominently states on the label that they were Made in Japan. These don't say that. I'd say that is not a good sign. They may be good sounding speakers. But the stated price seems way to high. I'd say half of what he's asking. And even at that I'm not interested because I've already got too many speakers. Now if you've got plenty of time and a little more money there's some Polk SDA-1c's two and one half hours away. Those speakers are well known here.

Those look to be from a rack system and my guess was around the mid 1980's. I used to see those type of speakers often back in the day. Depending on price and how they sound would be the most important thing. Not holy grails IMHO.

Greetings and welcome to AK. I saw the for sale notice but wasn't interested, just slightly curious. If you search for AKAI speakers you find a few threads. Mainly from people who .
are trying to assemble an all AKAI system. and these SR-L502's never come up. One pair that does seem well thought of prominently states on the label that they were Made in Japan. These don't say that. I'd say that is not a good sign. They may be good sounding speakers. But the stated price seems way to high. I'd say half of what he's asking. And even at that I'm not interested because I've already got too many speakers. Now if you've got plenty of time and a little more money there's some Polk SDA-1c's two and one half hours away. Those speakers are well known here.
I saw the polks too. I got too many speakers right now also. I thought maybe the akai's were something more special. Im always on the look out!

Back
Top Bottom