AKers: Team up to buy CL vintage lot?

If this goes go down - it'd be fair to let boston people get first dibs (since they'll be picking it up). I do have a large garage/basement/attic for storage should someone want something and can't pick it up immediately. This might help people get involved who are planning a trip later.

/oh, and it's only fair that I get the mcstuff dirt cheap :D

herding cats

trying to run this deal through AK would be like herding 100 cats and then giving them all non-traumatic baths. :D

how about the richest or most financially sound AKer get a loan and buy the whole lot. then bring it all to ak fest and sell it there!!!!

wait, its snowing in hell.

Ive made the offer to pay for it all if after seeing a list wich I believe Alex is going to try and work out. Id get dibs on some small stuff Im intrested then Alex and whoever helps him would get dibs then everyone else. It was just an offer I made after speaking with the seller. If the seller is legit wich he seemed to be after talking to this might be a good deal for all as once Myself and Alex got what we wanted I would pretty much let the rest go for chump change to members, but I realize this is gonna be an effort of more than one.

What I'm going to do is try to go to the seller's house and bring my computer and camera and make a thorough list to post and with some pictures which may help to get a sense of the size of the lot.

Tomorrow afternoon I'll have a chance to call him and I'll see if I can go over to his place on Wednesday. So I'll produce the list for everyone to read over and then we can take it from there. The seller is moving in 3 weeks and he seems to be happy to sell to us, so I don't think there's a need to rush. I'll be in touch! :thmbsp:

If this goes down I would gladley donate stuff to the board for raffles etc... Im just honestly intrested in some tube stuff,tubes,and cartridges etc... Theres some nice speakers etc.. from what the seller has described.

Count on me if you have extra equipment from the lot and need quick cash. I am interested in a larger receiver, turntables/cartridges, and/or possibly other equipment. I would have spoken up sooner if I were closer - I'm in Orlando. Thanks

I just spoke with the seller and it turns out there are indeed other interested parties and that this lot will be gone before this Saturday for sure. So that means no opportunity to make a list, and that we need to jump on this NOW or never.

I'm still in -- there is simply so much stuff and the cost is so low that the lot will pay for itself. I'm free right this minute and tomorrow starting in the afternoon to head to this guy's place and take everything off his hands. Same for Friday afternoon and then I'm free all day Saturday.

So, hopefully some locals here are willing to take the plunge and our schedules will align. Like I said, I'm able to put in $200 and the price was between $500-$1000 (I guess he expects us to make an offer in person). Reply if you are willing and able to act fast to make this deal. And here's my cell phone number to help move things along: 617 230 7105.

I contacted the seller yesterday (before even seeing this thread) and this is what he told me he had:

Speakers: Advent speakers (2 pairs), Allison, Celestion Ditton, Boston Accoustic a100, Bose, Cambridge soundworks, Jbl radiant, lots of speaker parts
Turtables: Garrad type A, Yamaha direct p500
Receivers: Sony 7065, 6065, Bose 301
A bunch of of cd players, mentioned a Nikko
A bunch of Dvd players
Rotel something or other
Lots of test equipment: Heathkits, others
Tons of Remote controls
Ton of Cables: Monster, Van-del-hul, Adcom (I didn't know they made cables). He said no real cheap cables, all good stuff.

Other than the Celestion speakers (I had a pair 25 yrs. ago), I didn't find anything of interest except as a possible busines venture, as I am sure you could make some money, and I don't have the space at this time.

ahhhh.. this is not good news. You mean his stash wasn't full of high end equipment? Shocked, shocked, I say. Sounds like this was the stuff they couldn't sell on eBay...

I knew it was too good to be true. Can you verify this Alex? Honestly, there is nothing in that list I'd want.

I got excited when I saw the ad, but other than the words "other receivers" and "assorted Turntables" I should have known better, my imagination got carried away by fantasies of rivers of TOTL receivers, Linn turntables, McIntosh 240s, gold, diamonds in the rough, oh, sorry, there I go again. Happens to me more and more often.

Well I guess this fell through. For me anyway, as I never heard back . Anyone know what happened or is happening?

I was hopeful

That this was going to be the motherlode as there seemed to be enough cash available for the initial outlay and that some bargains could be passed on to some of us. Oh well, thanks for your efforts though.
Steve

Yeah the guy said he had a pas 3 van alstien, and a pair of heathkit monos, dozens of boxes of tubes 2a3,kt66 ,El84 etc.... and tone of cartridges and styliee new in their boxes. That was my intrest. But that's all the way at the other end of the coast for me also so it was a long shot. If I was in a days driving I would have been there with a UHAUL. He said it was his 3rd or 4th time listing. I find that hard to believe. Of course you have to be sceptical at the same time and wonder with all that stuff why it was not scooped up in this day and age with Craig'slist , Ebay etc....

Hi Charlie - hopes were high, but I don't think there was anything like that in the lot. The ad has been changed to:

"At least 50 WORKING items (Speakers, Receivers, CD Players, DVD layers, Cassette Decks, Turntables, etc.) ALL for $500!! Make Money on eBay, or build yourself a nice system and sell the rest! This is for ALL the items---NO 'Cherry-Picking' or 'Separating! Send us an email with your First Name and Telephone Number---we'll get right back to you. Then bring a van or truck and take it away!"

I think if there was high-end equipment they would have worded the ad to reflect it considering this hasn't been sold.

Ha. Thanks Alex. You always want to check on possible sleepers but these days with the internet and ebay etc.. real deals are getting limited to yard sales and such... Thanks for the post.
Charlie

so, what's happened with this??

I just saw the thread and noticed allison speakers were on the list. If they are model 1 or 2 I could use a couple of tweeters and another aker can use the mids and a woofer for a model 1. If they are working 1 or 2 then I'm sure the two of us would have 100 or so to contribute.

Back
Top Bottom