AKFest SMAC Rooms Volunteers

jmathers

We'll need volunteers to staff the SMAC rooms from open until close each day. That's Saturday 9am-6pm and Sunday 9am-6pm.

It will take 24 separate volunteers, unless folks are willing to do two shifts, to staff both rooms at 1 and 1/2-hour shift increments for the entire weekend. That's a lot of volunteers. :yes:

Of course, we could do 3-hour shifts instead. But we'd still need 12 committed volunteers. :yes:

If you're interested in volunteering please post to this thread. I'll maintain a list of volunteers to start. Depending on the number of volunteers, we'll then decide on the time of each shift and when those shifts will occur.

Remember if you volunteer to staff the room, you must be willing and able to show up and complete your shift in the room. You also must be willing to take responsibility for the safety and general care of the equipment in the room.:smoke:

So far:

jmathers
Maron
olson_jr (early Sat.)
dmax99
djnagle
Drybasement
radar2866
Andy Claps
jn229
ashok (early Sat.)
Dan M. (possibly 2 hours Sat.)
dlwask (Friday night setup) (alternate for Sat/Sun)
dbear (Sat...possibly Friday setup)
Jim Elmslie (Sun morning)
justrideit
fdwaller
Mike Whell

SCHEDULE:

Friday setup (after 2pm until the rooms are setup)
dlwask
jmathers
Andy Claps
dbear44
radar2866

Saturday Room 1
9-11:15: olson_jr
11:15-1:30: dmax
1:30-3:45: Mike Whell
3:45-6: justrideit

Saturday Room 2
9-11:15: ashok
11:15-1:30: drybasement
1:30-3:45: djnagle
3:45-6: Maron

Sunday Room 1
9:30-11:30: Jim Elmslie
11:30-1:30: Andy Claps
1:30-3:30: fdwaller
3:30-5:30: jn229

Sunday Room 2
9:30-11:30: dlwask
11:30-1:30: radar2866 (Mike Reed)
1:30-3:30: Ski
3:30-5:30: jmathers

Jeff

Last edited:
Put me where ever Jeff. But I am doing volunteer duty for the fest so we have to work around that. Cheers.

I'd love to take a shift, for the relaxation and social networking, but the big guy has me on full-time duty.

Thanks Mike. Much appreciated.

In fact thanks to everyone who has signed up so far.:yes:

As you can see though, we clearly need more volunteers. With 8 people, we're looking at 4+ hour shifts to staff both rooms for both days by rough guess-timate. Yikes!

We really need at least 12 folks to make this bearable. Even that is a 3-hour shift for each person. Anyone know anyone. More recruits?

Jeff

Jeff, this might be a good thing to send over the SMAC email list. I don't mind sitting around for 4 hours.

I'll put something out on the list soon. Just wanted any lurkers here to consider volunteering.

4 hours is way too long for me, especially when all the other stuff is going on.

Jeff

I'm planning on visiting the AK Fest on Saturday. I've been to one SMAC gathering at Ashok's, but other than that, I haven't spent any time with other SMAC members. I'd be happy to do some time in one of the SMAC rooms, but I would understand if the membership wouldn't be comfortable with a relatively new member being left in charge of their equipment.

Jerry

Sign me up! Listening to music and bragging about S.M.A.C. for 1 1/2 hours piece of cake.

Only problem, volunteerd to help with Fest and do not know my schedule yet. Will stay tuned.

I can help set the room(s) up Friday night. I'm on call for work that weekend and will not know my schedule until the week before. Pencil me in as an alternate for now.

Put me down for Saturday. I could also help on fri setting up. I have a spare equiptment rack and could also bring in some of my gear if you would like.

Dale

Back
Top Bottom