AKG K340 Electrostatic Phones

shane2468

Next week my K340 should be coming to my doorstep.

How would these sound compare to the K701?

To my ears I find the K701 to be smooth and dynamic sounding with no huge bass. But they do pack a decent punch.

The seller of the K340 said it will sound less brighter and more punchier over the K701. Also the K340 will have more warmth to the sound as to what the seller said.

Oh well that's all I can say.

Any K340 users on Audiokarma?

I was a short time owner of the 340s. Definitely vintage AKG. A little heavier on the head than the 701s you're used to. I wouldn't say they're punchier but the top end is a little smoother and rolled off. I ended up selling them to help pay for other necessities.

Overall very decent cans. Play around with different amps and I think you'll like em. Great for classical.

However, be aware that the self adjusting nylon bands wear out and they will fall off your head or not adjust properly. You may have to do some research on how to replace them. I think I read up on that somewhere on headfi or some similar site.

I was a short time owner of the 340s. Definitely vintage AKG. A little heavier on the head than the 701s you're used to. I wouldn't say they're punchier but the top end is a little smoother and rolled off. I ended up selling them to help pay for other necessities.

Overall very decent cans. Play around with different amps and I think you'll like em. Great for classical.

However, be aware that the self adjusting nylon bands wear out and they will fall off your head or not adjust properly. You may have to do some research on how to replace them. I think I read up on that somewhere on headfi or some similar site.

Thank you for sharing your K340 times:thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom