Frampton Comes alive
Led Zep 1 threw Presence
Neil Young Harvest
Aerosmith's Dream on, Get your Wings, Toys in the attic, Rocks

A couple additions : Jeff Beck Truth
Robin Trower: For Earth Below, Bridge of Sighs ect. :D
Van Halen : Fair Warning
Black Sabbath: Black Sabbath, Master Of Reality, Paranoid, ect. :rockon:

Pretty much every classical album of a masterpiece! [they've had centuries to cull the shit from the shinola!]

Stuff some of you might not know:
The Kinks; Face to Face (1966), Something Else (1967), Village Green Preservation Society (1968), Arthur...or the Rise and Fall of the British Empire (1969).

Last edited:
IMHO.....

1. I Don't Like You (00:00)
2. You Won't Be Sorry (02:53)
3. Catatonic Lover (05:12)
4. All Good Things Must Have An End (08:15)
5. I'm Not Like Everybody Else (12:57)
6. I Take Care (17:32)
7. Mean Old World (22:31)
8. Lifeline (27:10)

Last edited:
That wasn't really my point, and I certainly don't think that about other peoples' preferences. My point was that this exercise is frustrating to the point of futility because it's impossible to listen to music through somebody else's ears.

If you think that 95% of what anybody else likes is crap, I don't envy you your narrow existence.

sorta twisted my words around there a bit didn't you.

sorta twisted my words around there a bit didn't you.
Don't see how.

Anyway, so as not to veer too far off topic, I'm sifting through some favorite albums (ones that most of us are familiar with) in my head and haven't yet come across one that doesn't have at least one clunker. In my opinion, I mean ...

Overnite Sensation -- MOI: Don't like "Zomby Woof".
American Beauty -- Dead: "Attics of My Life" seems kind of sappy.
Time Out -- Dave Brubeck: "Kathy's Waltz" seems a little E-Z listening compared to the rest of the tracks.
DSOTM -- PF: "Money". Appreciate what they're trying to do with the 7/4 time signature but it comes off feeling like the hiccups.
Beatles -- Sgt. Pepper: "Within You Without You" is faux-Eastern self-indulgent navel-gazing by George.
Rolling Stones -- Sticky Fingers: "You Gotta Move" is filler. Stylized filler, but filler.

Now, these songs by no means spoil the albums they're on. In some ways, I think the comparison makes the truly great tracks sound better. And the albums that seem to fare best are the concept albums; you know, the ones that take you on a journey of musical hills and valleys. Sometimes the lesser entries serve to slow things down and provide an opportunity to pause and reflect during an intense listening session.

Regardless, I'll keep trying to think of some where it's ALL good.

Don't see how.

Anyway, so as not to veer too far off topic, I'm sifting through some favorite albums (ones that most of us are familiar with) in my head and haven't yet come across one that doesn't have at least one clunker. In my opinion, I mean ...

Overnite Sensation -- MOI: Don't like "Zomby Woof".
American Beauty -- Dead: "Attics of My Life" seems kind of sappy.
Time Out -- Dave Brubeck: "Kathy's Waltz" seems a little E-Z listening compared to the rest of the tracks.
DSOTM -- PF: "Money". Appreciate what they're trying to do with the 7/4 time signature but it comes off feeling like the hiccups.
Beatles -- Sgt. Pepper: "Within You Without You" is faux-Eastern self-indulgent navel-gazing by George.
Rolling Stones -- Sticky Fingers: "You Gotta Move" is filler. Stylized filler, but filler.

Now, these songs by no means spoil the albums they're on. In some ways, I think the comparison makes the truly great tracks sound better. And the albums that seem to fare best are the concept albums; you know, the ones that take you on a journey of musical hills and valleys. Sometimes the lesser entries serve to slow things down and provide an opportunity to pause and reflect during an intense listening session.

Regardless, I'll keep trying to think of some where it's ALL good.
Opinions.

Chris Stapleton, Traveler
Absolutely!!!

I know the thread has been geared more towards rock but I thought I would add a fantastic Jazz album
Clark Terry - Alternate Blues...it's simply amazing and sends chills up my spine every time listen to it.

After wading through the thread...I was amazed at the variety and depth of appreciation.

No one mentioned any clasical, little was there in the blues/jazz dept, and country was non existent....hmmm?

As already pointed out by a few, it IS difficult to sit down, listen to and say, "Yep, liked the whole thing"...but there are a few albums/tapes/dvd's out there that meet this bench mark, eh?

Guess for me it's always been CCR. Some songs make me think. Some to dance. Some to reflect on..

It's all in the eye...make that the EAR of the beholder. lol

Q2

Agreed on Boston.

I nominate Dead Milkmen Beelzebubba

Beelzebubba.jpg

Back
Top Bottom