Albums where EVERY song is good

Living Colour's first two albums were masterpieces. Glad you put them in there. And the last track off Time's Up "This Is The Life" ...well....I cannot make it thru that song without getting a little choked up. It is THAT good.

Those of you bothering to read these posts should check that tune out. Incredible song from a band at their peak.

I was always kinda meh about them. I never disliked them, but I never had the urge to buy their stuff, either.
Fast forward to a couple of summers ago, and I found a couple of their albums in a box of vinyl I bought at a garage sale. They've been in my "get to later" section of vinyl. I think I'll spin Time's Up tonight.

As for the OP, there are a ton for me. ACDC has been brought up, so I'll add Powerage. Actually Let There Be Rock through to Back In Black all qualify for me.

Last edited:
I was always kinda meh about them. I never disliked them, but I never had the urge to buy their stuff, either.
Fast forward to a couple of summers ago, and I found a couple of their albums in a box of vinyl I bought at a garage sale. They've been in my "get to later" section of vinyl. I think I'll spin Time's Up tonight.

As for the OP, there are a ton for me. ACDC has been brought up, so I'll add Powerage. Actually Let There Be Rock through to Back In Black all qualify for me.

Def Powerage and Highway to Hell. Very good stuff.

Warn ya ahead of time, "Time's Up" is a "sinker-inner". But man, what a meaty, artistic ride. Vivid was good, very good. This was the evolution of their sound. After Time's Up, tho, it became a bumpy ride.....occasional good with quite a bit of unfocused racket. I have the later albums, but don't find myself listening to them very often.

Cool. I'm OK with sinker-inner. I've got the house to myself for a few days, so there will be plenty of that type of listening, with the volume set at "healthy".:music:

Ha! So do I! Wife at work for next 10 hours.

The essence of AudioKarma.....wife gone, music up, cold drink in hand. :D

(with respect to all our female members)

Oh yeah, the cold drinks. There were a few of those last night, and there'll be a few more in the next few days. And cigars.:yes:

The thing I'm struggling with is do I crank music I know she wouldn't care for, or watch the grown up movies that I can't when our kid is around?

Peter Gabriel-SO, US
Heart-Dreamboat Annie
David Bowie-Ziggy stardust
Pink Floyd-DSOTM
Elton John-Madman Across the Water
Black Sabbath-Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Masters of Reality, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Alice Cooper- Love it to Death
Dire Straits- Brothers in Arms
Blade Runner soundtrack
Robbie Robertson- Robbie Robertson
Massive Attack- Mezzanine, Blue lines, Protection
Eagles- Desperado
Led Zep- first, second, third, fourth albums
Beatles-Revolver, Sgt. Peppers
Vangelis- Friends of Mr. Cairo
Steely Dan-Aja, Gaucho, The Royal Scam
Miles Davis- Kind of Blue, Sketches of Spain
Stray Cats- Built for Speed
Fleetwood Mac-Rumors
Dead can Dance- Into the Labyrinth
That's all I can think of off the top of my head. There's many more I'm sure.

I spun Vivid, and I liked it more than I thought I would. It' still not something that I would listen a lot, but I dug most of it. And This Is The Life is excellent. I like the one-two punch of it and Solace Of You to close it.
I was also surprised to find out it is colored vinyl. I had no idea. I should pay more attention to my used vinyl purchases.:D

I think we need objectivity rather than posting your favorite albums;

Surprised only one person mentioned Ziggy Stardust...most likely the most coherent song to song smash hit album ever. Almost perfect.

Blonde On Blonde (Rainy Day Women almost disqualifies it but it is out of the way quick).

Armed Forces by Elvis Costello.

I love Abbey Road but Come Together is sort of out of place on it. Or I am just tired of it maybe. Ditto for Yellow Submarine and Within You Without You on those albums.
Although I love those albums more than Ziggy Stardust.

I spun Vivid, and I liked it more than I thought I would. It' still not something that I would listen a lot, but I dug most of it. And This Is The Life is excellent. I like the one-two punch of it and Solace Of You to close it.
I was also surprised to find out it is colored vinyl. I had no idea. I should pay more attention to my used vinyl purchases.:D

Glad you dug it. I spun those albums after we had been talking about them. The lyrics to "This Is the Life" are so real, so true, and the weird noises at the beginning and the end used to seem without purpose, until you realize Corey Glover expertly bends that last note at the end to make this haunting chord to close the song. Just gets better with age.

While little of you may know it, the debut from Faster Pussycat is a masterpiece. They were into Aerosmith before it was cool again (1986) and while they may have been a one-trick pony, that debut album was pure fun rock and roll.

I haven't listened to FP in years, but I remember playing Wake Me When It's Over quite a bit back in the day. Some good tunes on Whipped, too.

Paul Simon-Graceland
Modest Mouse-Good News for People Who Like Bad News
Django Django-Django Django
The Clash-London Calling
White Stripes-Elephant

Last edited:
Cream, Disraeli Gears
13th Floor Elevators, The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators
The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Axis: Bold as Love, Are You Experienced?
Big Brother and the Holding Company, Cheap Thrills
Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin I, II
The Beatles, All they produced
Cold Blood, The best of Cold Blood

who's next

Is this on someone's list that I missed ?
Every song is a good one.

Also , the first Emerson Lake and Palmer Album.

I guess you can tell when music became important in my life.

Just to name a few:

The Doobie Brothers -Stampede
The Who - Who's Next; Quadrophenia; Tommy
Santana - Abraxas
Janis Joplin - Pearl
Elton John - Don't Shoot Me ......; Goodbye Yellow Brick Road; Captain Fantastic
CCR - Green River; Cosmos' Factory
Fleetwood Mac - Then Play On; Kiln House; Future Games; Bare Trees

Last edited:
So far I have only a few:

cars - cars
band of horses - everthing...
DSOTM
cocteau twins - milk and kisses
beach house - teen dream

pretenders - pretenders (brass in pocket? yea, okay.)
radiohead - ok computer
bowie - diamond dogs - (future legend?)
Echo & The Bunnymen - Flowers
bad religion - How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

black sabbath - first album

I honestly don't think there are that many for me. Buts its a good exercise for a playlist.

amy winehouse - back to black (rehab?, uh, maybe not)
angel - angel (angel theme? well, its only 1:34, what the hell)

ones i can go all the way through and not skip are....

the fixx-reach the beach

george strait-live from the astrodome (sometimes i skip the part where bush is talking)

toad the wet sprocket-acoustic dance party

michael jackson-thriller,bad

pixies-doolittle

frank black-teenager of the year

marc cohn- self titled

violent femmes-viva wisconsin

herbie hancock- headhunters

buena vista social club

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom