1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

All 4k tv upscale?

Discussion in 'Home Theater & Video' started by 91firebird, Oct 5, 2018.

1. 91firebird

91firebird Active Member

Well I guess all 4k tvs upscale so do you need a upscale bluray player if the tv does it.the Sony 6700 is said
    To upscale to 4k,but if the tv upscales why do you need a upscaling blueray player because most blueray
    Players do up scale a DVD .so,do,they work together or one cancel the other out.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. the skipper

the skipper Amateur Curmudgeon Subscriber

I think one up-scaling device is all you need. but it seems all 4k devices upscale so you may not need to worry too much about it. I believe the second devise will simply pass it through as it came in.

3. invaderzim

invaderzim AK Subscriber Subscriber

All upscaling isn't equal in quality; I often see reviews of blu-ray players with comments on the upscaling ability but I don't see much talk about it with TVs.

4. Yamaki

Yamaki Not For Hire Subscriber

While some TV's may upscale a bit, they can't convert non-4K source material into 4K spec.

So if you have a 4K TV, you need a true 4K source to realize 4K quality viewing.

Audiofreak71, DeeCee and the skipper like this.
  5. Audiofreak71

Audiofreak71 Boerboelicious Subscriber

I have an LG Oled and an oppo 4K Blu-ray player and I’ve gone back and forth testing the upscaling of both on standard Blu-ray’s and I prefer the oppo for upscaling . However upscaling does not hold a candle to a native 4K Blu-ray.

Audiofreak71

isotopesope likes this.