All I did was ask ....

I agree with the "never hurts to ask". Talk to the sellers, you never know what you may come up with.

Didn't want to side track OP's post, but I got bit on the "never hurts to ask". A guy listed a Sansui 9090 stuck in protection mode for $150. Great deal, so called. It was sold. So I asked - do you have any other vintage gear, and listed the brands. He said "yes - his brother has some more Sansui and Marantz, but I will want a lot more money for them!! "

So, after much negotiation on the new batch of gear, no deal. So, he went ahead and listed a fuse-blowing AU-999/TU-999 for $650 on CL, a 9090DB that is stuck in protection, he said he will put it up on eBay, and other gear that he will now list for top dollars.

His expectations went up a couple hundred percent between the $150 Sansui 9090 and now selling the 9090DB on eBay. He was flooded with calls after listing the 9090 for $150 that he wised up.

Back to the SX-1010...one has been listed here on local CL for $1075, recapped and power supply repaired. Just an FYI...

Median price for the last 10 sales on ebay = 450. Without regard to restored or not, and deleting one unit that was listed in the title as not working. Prices ranged from 260-800. $1075 seems a bit high for CL but OTOH if it's recapped that's worth something. Still, it's a lot. But...San Francisco. :idea:

Back
Top Bottom