All Mitsubishi Interplay Systems- problems and solutions?

ChefE

Hello all. A while back I acquired a Mitsubishi Interplay X-10 System including the wood cabinet with glass doors, but without speakers. It was purchased from flea bay and the seller listed it as "it works good now as it did back then". Well..... he lied.
The radio works good, minus dirty pots. However the turntable spins, the tonearm is listless. The cartridge and stylus are good. The cassette player is useless and the 'play' button is stuck half depressed.
Cosmetically the system is 9/10 due to the cabinets vinyl (faux wood) peeling in some spot.
I've had this thing sitting at my home unused while I researched info and remedies to fix it. So far I have not seen one that the tape deck works. Seems many have gotten the turntable to function.
Why are these tape decks unable to be repaired?
Can anyone steer me into the right direction towards who or where in Southern California I can take this for service?
Does anyone have any experience, stories, feedback, opinion or info regarding this equipment?

IMG_1402.JPG
-ChefE

What is the model number of the tape deck ? The turntable I would think needs new belts to begin with,

I bet the string for the tonearm fell off, see this problem with a lot of the Mitsu LT's and easily fixed, just open the back and restring it. The real problem is the light sensors could be out also and they are sort of important with these TT's

I think I have the speakers that went with this setup out in the garage, 4 way towers that are good for 75-150w. In the below video you can see the speakers, they are hooked up to a 2240 and recording SQ sucks as it was playing pretty loud LMAO! I like the 1/2" super tweeters in them

If you click it and you go to a blank page, just paste the url in your browser instead. Veoh acts weird sometimes but at least it works for uploading vids

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v126729017tw5mzhGa

Last edited:
I watched the video. They might be.
A few days ago I discovered the X-10 is also the Duotone MC-8000. Vinylengine has both manuals. Sweet!!!!! Years of looking and waiting finally found what I was needing.
Seems the X-10 is a mix of various previous components of different models. Not sure which cassette model. But from my observation, people that have these Interplay systems, the tape decks don't work anymore.
On a side note, I recently acquired a Mitsubishi DT-157 auto-changer double cassette deck in working condition. Impressive it still works. Sounds good too. I love tapes.
I'm off like clothes on a hooker. Happy Thanksgiving.

Back
Top Bottom