All you purists, look away..... these HD88's are ugly really... till now

Darren James

I figured if I'm going to look at them, I might as well enjoy it. They wrap cars so why can't I wrap a speaker... With its easy removal I have retained the original, so no harm no foul.... What ya think?

from this:

To this:

matte black wrap

I figured if I'm going to look at them, I might as well enjoy it. They wrap cars so why can't I wrap a speaker... With its easy removal I have retained the original, so no harm no foul.... What ya think?

from this:

To this:

matte black wrap

Looks great!

Looks really nice.
I HATE that cheap ugly ass fake wood vinyl Marantz used on the HD series baffles.
I've considered doing a similar treatment to my HD66's.

I think all the walnut veneering was to match all the walnut wall paneling of that era

My work's offices are still covered in 1970s wood paneling. It's gross. I keep expecting to see someone smoking at their desk. :rflmao:

Fortunately my office got a facelift before I moved in. :)

The speakers look vastly improved.

Sweet! Great idea, other than now I'm wanting to follow suit. Any other color ideas?

hmmm..... Well, a dark navy blue would go good with the grey speaker cones...... same matte... definitely not gloss... Maybe the black matte with a stripe tactfully positioned?

Can't tell with the pictures provided, did the OP do anything about the ugly ass yellow egg crate foam visible through the port?
If I do something with the baffles on mine that will also be addressed. Not sure if spray paint would stick to the foam or not, that might be the easiest way to make it disappear. Or I could just leave vari-q plugs in place.

Back
Top Bottom