Allo Boss 1.2 Player Network Music Player Get Started

Hi. I bought me an Allo Boss player from Allo.com. Problem is, I have no idea how to get this thing going. How to make my iPhone control it. I realize it needs to be connected to an amplifier. Plug in. Connect to amp. Then what?

I don’t know how to access the os.

Connect an HDMI monitor, mouse & keyboard to the RPi. Like you would for any other computer...

But I'd also suggest you get another uSD card and put a Volumio image on it. Then you can access Volumio via a web browser.

If you do not have an available hdmi monitor, mouse and keyboard, then yes you will need to connect an ethernet cable to it and the other end of that cable to a spare port on your router (not computer).

Once you power it on, your router will assign it an IP from it's DHCP pool. I had to connect to my router to find which IP it assigned, then connect to that.

This will allow you to connect to the allo boss it and configure the built-in wifi on the RPI 3B+.

Also, the above advice on getting Volumio for this is very good. Probably the best image for these RPIs with DACs.

On monitors for testing and setting gear up, I found one of these crappy little Dynex units (LX-15-10A) at the local Goodwill. Missing remote was replaced for $5 on the bay and voila! HDMI, component, composite, cable, VGA, and audio. I just toss it in my bag of tricks (along with a Harmony remote programmed for the gizmo) before I head out to the demo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom