Altec 19 w/Zilch xover,info & opinions over stock?

jackson

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I just got some model 19's they have Zilch crossovers installed I also have the originals.What are some of the benifits if any? I red somewhere it takes out the westcoast bump in the bass, I like a full bass sound , would I probably like the original crossovers better? Thanks Jackson

Are the original crossovers re-capped and ground modded? If so, you are better prepared to find the answer than anyone you can ask. Feedback from those who have tried both seems about 50/50 which isn't a surprise since they are fairly similar networks.

The factory Nineteen network was very well designed and quite capable with good caps and a clean ground path.

Z19's have extensive associated data available that makes them versatile for many 2-way applications.

The originals are not recapped, I haven't listened to the speakers yet, they are still in my van 'till I get help unloading them.Is there a link to the Ground mod you mentioned? it would be much easier to put the original back in while they are on the tailgate & not in my house. thanks Jackson

Back
Top Bottom