Altec 714

This afternoon a friend of mine stops by and asks me if I would like to have a receiver that he found. Of course I say yes. Well its an Altec 714. Anyone know the power output on this one (my guess is 20 to 25 watts per)? The topper to this story is the Altec Lansing speaker in his trunk(yes cabinet cut down to fit ) :tears:I think it is a 379A two way 15" plus tweet. But he says he's got the other one to match it at home. So, do I show intrest ,? are they worth it even though the one cabinet is f#cked off? :scratch2:

don't know about the speakers, but the bluebook has your receiver listed,

ALTEC LANSING RCV, 714A
Manufacture Years: 1973 - 1978
Power: 44wpc
MSRP: $450.00
USED: $165.00

ManFromPorlock said:
This after the CR-2020 yesterday. How does it feel to be the most hated person on AK? :D

Why should he be "hated"??? He should be applauded!!!! GOOD SCORE!!!

What is the Orion on the 725?

--
Chris

Last edited:
What happened with the CR-2020? I've been waiting for the thread to be updated! Spill the beans!

tombradvica said:
This afternoon a friend of mine stops by and asks me if I would like to have a receiver that he found. Of course I say yes. Well its an Altec 714. Anyone know the power output on this one (my guess is 20 to 25 watts per)? The topper to this story is the Altec Lansing speaker in his trunk(yes cabinet cut down to fit ) :tears:I think it is a 379A two way 15" plus tweet. But he says he's got the other one to match it at home. So, do I show intrest ,? are they worth it even though the one cabinet is f#cked off? :scratch2:

I don't know if you still have that 714, but while searching around for info on the one I have, I discovered a schem for the model 911 and it turns out that the 714 and 911 share the same electronics with a turntable added.:music:
The link is:
http://www.schematicsforfree.com/ar...Altec_911A_AM-FM_Music_Center_Full_Manual.pdf

Back
Top Bottom