1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Altec and other speaker identification

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by tdwpgtp, Jul 12, 2018.

1. tdwpgtp

tdwpgtp Active Member

Hey guys, I just missed these locally for free, and was wondering what it is, exactly, that I missed out on. Can anyone identify the speakers and receiver? The bigger speakers have Altec Lansing badges, but I could not find any pictures of any online that looked the same.

Attached Files:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. gdmoore28

gdmoore28 Super Member

It's impossible to tell about the outer speakers, and nearly impossible to tell about the Altecs. They look like a coaxial of some kind, maybe a 9820? Definitely not 604.

GeeDeeEmm

[​IMG]

3. CopperWizard

CopperWizard Well-Known Member

15" 420a bi flex?

4. bowtie427ss

bowtie427ss arigato gozaimashita Subscriber

They're some version of 409 coaxials. Given the modern style Altec badge probably a later "D" or "T" version.

[​IMG]

5. jcamero

jcamero Who are you people anyway? Subscriber

At first glance, I thought the outer speakers were Capri's. Not Capri's, mine have a different trim around the edge. Corona's also have the same trim as my Capri's. Possible Spark-O-Matic Altec? The size ratio does look right for Capri's and Corona's. Maybe not Altec.