Altec drivers arrived - Am I being to picky ?

Wardsweb

Behind The Curtain
Staff member
Admin
Well the VOT drivers arrived today about two weeks after they received a FEDEX cashiers check. I don't know what is acceptable in the market place but to me the service is lacking.

The 511B horns are nice but one altec label looks like someone glued it on with liquid nails, so it doesn't sit flat and has the tan glue all over the face of the label.

The 802-8G HF drivers for the horns don't have the same paint finish, neither has an Altec label or part number on them and one screw on the driver diaphram cover isn't screwed all the way down.

The 416-8C LF drivers don't have the same back to the magnet. One is totally flat with no Altec label or model number. The other driver has a recessed cirlce on the back plate that hold the Altec 416-8C label.

Not as big a deal, but the new crossovers while having some nice heavy duty componants and wired with silver, use some $2 spring clip input terminals. I can change these to some nice gold binding post that will take banana plugs, but again, just one more thing to annoy me about this buy.

What should I do if anything? Should I send a copy of this in an email to them? Let's just say for right now I'm not real happy with my $900 spent.

For $900 I would have expected both better service and a better quality product. I mean who uses spring clip type connectors nowadays?

Mike

I spoke with Richard today and no problem swapping out for matching. Seems like a nice guy once you get to know him. Kind of reminds me of James Bongiorno. Very good at what they do and don't have much time for stupid questions and elitest attitudes.

Back
Top Bottom