Altec Lansing Model 14

Discussion in 'The Lansing Legacy' started by h00kem, Mar 31, 2018.

1. hjames

hjames dancing madly backwards ... Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

We'll need your report when you get a chance to kick back and play your favorite music through 'em!

Kudos to you!

h00kem likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. h00kem

h00kem New Member

Got a chance to fire them up. All I can say is WOW! They are particularly suited to strong recordings where particular instruments or vocals are emphasized (e.g. Chris Botti, Diana KrawI, Tony Bennett) They remind me of my Klipschorns without the need to shove them into a corner. At the moment I am powering them with my Sansui Au-999, but I'll switch to my Dynaco MkIII mono blocks as I think they would benefit from that tube sound. The highs and mid are accentuated so I changed out the crossover capacitors replacing them with Solens. That seems to have mellowed them a bit. I'll post pics this weekend. I really can't believe what great condition they are in! Thanks for all the feedback. I can honestly say that I am very impressed with the sound them and they look so cool! These are definitely keepers!

62caddy, damacman and hjames like this.
  3. h00kem

h00kem New Member

Guys, as promised pic of the Model 14s and related stuff (extra covers still packaged, original boxes, Sansui AU-999,McintoshMVP-861, Empire 698 TT, Michel Transcriptor TT). The Model 14s sound great!
    Left Speaker.jpg Right Speaker.jpg Xtra Grill Covers.jpg Original Boxes.jpg Equipment.jpg Empire 698.jpg

Attached Files:

damacman and EarlK like this.
  4. EarlK

EarlK Active Member

Stellar!!

:)

5. southportjac

southportjac AK Subscriber Subscriber

That is outstanding!!

6. Sparkie

Sparkie AK Subscriber Subscriber

I am listening to my Altec Lansing model 14s for the first time tonight. i just got the woofers back from being refoamed. i found them at an estate sale a week or so ago. i am really liking what i am hearing so far. while i was pacing back and forth waiting for the woofers to get ready i noticed on my project shelf an altec lansing 911 that i had purchased and gotten frustrated with and put away. seems it has a habit of blowing fuses on one channel so i have been working on it but tonight i am rolling FM mono. Things are sounding pretty fine. I am having one awesome all Altec Lansing Saturday Night! James Brown on the ALs. Payback!
    upload_2018-5-12_22-23-4.jpeg
    upload_2018-5-12_22-24-53.jpeg
    upload_2018-5-12_22-26-14.jpeg upload_2018-5-12_22-26-55.jpeg

Last edited: May 12, 2018

Please register to disable this ad.

7. h00kem

h00kem New Member

Beautiful speakers! They look to be in great shape. I love a horn loaded speaker, particularly for jazz. And let's face it, they just look cool sitting there!!!