Altec Magnificents

those arent magnificent. i think valencia
Upon closer inspection, I too don't believe these are Magnificent's after all as they were smaller. They are definitely not Valencia's, these were much smaller (I have Flamencos).

I'm at a loss. Here is a pic I found from Great Plains. Mentions an EL7000, but I've not heard of that, plus the badging is from mid 70's. What I looked at was definitely 60's.
Unfortunately, no paperwork or label affixed to the back of cabinet. Experts, what say you?

Altec-Lansing-Magnificent.jpg

I posted this in your thread in the lansing forum as well.

vinAd67AltecSeville.jpg

They look nice, and probably sound good as well, but I wouldn't have purchased them without removing the backs and insuring that they had Altec Drivers in them. It would be a real shame to have paid for Altecs and got Radio Shack.

I purchased my pair of Flemenco's at a thrift shop, so you can only imagine how little I paid for them, and even at that price, I didn't want just some Altec Cabinets I only agreed to purchase them after removing the backs. Thankfully no one was in the store at that time other than me and an employee. When I popped the backs off and he saw those beautiful green drivers and horn, I think he knew that I was getting a really good deal.

I posted this in your thread in the lansing forum as well.

vinAd67AltecSeville.jpg
Ahh yes, the Seville. I do remember these now that I see them. I know I have these in some old literature somewhere. They were in beautiful condition BTW.
Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
They look nice, and probably sound good as well, but I wouldn't have purchased them without removing the backs and insuring that they had Altec Drivers in them. It would be a real shame to have paid for Altecs and got Radio Shack.

I purchased my pair of Flemenco's at a thrift shop, so you can only imagine how little I paid for them, and even at that price, I didn't want just some Altec Cabinets I only agreed to purchase them after removing the backs. Thankfully no one was in the store at that time other than me and an employee. When I popped the backs off and he saw those beautiful green drivers and horn, I think he knew that I was getting a really good deal.
Yes, I’m with you. If I were interested, I would have certainly opened them up. As it were, I’ve got no room or destination for them. The asking price of $1295 didn’t entice me enough I guess.
Plus, and this is a big plus, there was a mod done to them. I’m guessing to accommodate a bi amp scenario. It wasn’t the most professional looking work.
That was definitely a deterrent.

Ps. As a fellow Flamenco owner, I truly can appreciate your score on those.

Some of that japanese art could be worth more than the overpriced speakers.. Happen to catch prices on any of it?

Some of that japanese art could be worth more than the overpriced speakers.. Happen to catch prices on any of it?
I looked at a few pieces, however none of the Japanese art. If you’re interested, I’m sure you could call the company conducting the sale through their website.

Half price today if they are still there. But those mods are troublesome as they could indicate replacement tweeters. That 3000 is a rarity in working condition and unobtainium.

Back
Top Bottom