Altec PA gear auction - Frankfort KY

Wonder how many of the 515B's have had their rims sawed off.

You'll be able to identify the buyer of this lot when those show up on ebay. I won't be surprised if it goes to the PNW where most will eventually go overseas

How good would this be if used for hi-fi? What would be a good price for it to build a couple sets of speakers and flip the rest?

Dang! Lotta Altec there!

Like those 618? Cabs....and the sectional horns too.

Looks like the cabs are loaded....?

There are some good bits in there. I see what is most likely a pair, one for sure of 1505B horns, at least one 1005B, some 203's i think, some other long throw, possibly mantaray horns. It appears that the 612/614 cabinets may all be loaded with 515B, they only show one. There's a lot of stuff that's just hard to be sure what it is thanks to the comprehensive photography. The multicells need proper handling, they're a bit delicate just under their own weight. Those are not being handled well currently and will reflect on what an informed buyer will pay.

IMO, that lot should bring somewhere in the 3000-6000 range, If an informed bidder takes the time and investment to inspect it before bidding, there may be much more value there than can be seen in the pics.

Anyone thinking of buying this truckload (a big truck at that) and flipping some of it has to be ready to pack and ship massive horns and all that. Not for the faint of heart.

Another day to go.

Perhaps I should have let this thread lie....

Only 2 bidders so far....

An informed buyer isn't going to bid until the very last minutes.

When i place my bid and it makes you ask yourself "is it really worth that much?" i'm going to make sure i didn't leave you enough time to research the answer and outbid me.

Don't worry, i'm not a player for this lot. There's very little of interest to me in it, and given that it's a decommissioned install there's going to be a lot of small issues unseen and unheard until they become ebay/paypal issues for the flipper and his frustrated buyers.

Yes, true enough.

I’ve been estimating cost to pick up and get it all home. A bit out of my league....but still fun.

I see an Altec Rack laying sideways on one pallet....some components still installed.

I've been wondering since first posted, where are the amplifiers?

It's almost like this is only part of a larger install.

Perhaps there are surprises buried in this lot. But, it's a big lot and the fun will turn to work in a hurry.

I'm about 50 miles from it and had intended on driving there today but I've been sick and just don't feel like it. I wanted it to maybe build a couple sets of speakers and get rid of the rest. I may make a bid on it anyway if it isn't too high. Trouble is I really don't know how much to bid without taking a risk. I guess I'll prepare to bid and make a final decision tomorrow morning.

There's certainly the bits for building some substantial Altec systems there.

But, they come with the included challenge of careful handling and liquidation of the unwanted bits.

I was out with about 30 seconds to go. Too rich for my blood or should I say too deep for my
pockets.

Selling Price: $4628
Taxes: $277.68
Buyer's Premium: $462.80
Total: $5368.48

I kind of hope this stuff does end up on ebay, etc., as it would be interesting to see what the buyer discovered in this lot. May just end up in a container headed for the far east though.

Back
Top Bottom