Altec phone home ?

ot Altec, but try some Pioneer PIM-8s in those cabs. Different flavor, softer and less intense than a 755A, but closer to true "full range" performance than any of the lesser Altec 8 inchers. I have a pr in my old 755A cabs now that I moved to the Silbatone box.

With the Pioneers, when you skanky girl cousin shows up for Christmas dinner, she will also be Japanese!

Well Joe,
You were correct. I found a pair of Lafayette SK98 drivers. Really good SQ. Just waiting on the Japanese chick to show up! :)

IMG_1467.JPG IMG_1471.JPG

That is what I am using too, maybe I mentioned that above. Works out good.

I put some paperwork up on HiFi Engine with the factory recommended reflex cabs.

These seem quite easy to work with, unlike the 755A.They don't seem too picky about amplification either, again unlike the 755A.

They are the 618 Altec cabs. Clones.

That is what I am using too, maybe I mentioned that above. Works out good.

I put some paperwork up on HiFi Engine with the factory recommended reflex cabs.

These seem quite easy to work with, unlike the 755A.They don't seem too picky about amplification either, again unlike the 755A.

Yeah -- derp -- sorry. I shoulda knowed.

:(

oh, and, yes, Mr. R -- now that you mention it, I do remember that (and I did amble over there and snag a copy. If it's free, it's for me!). Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom