Altec Santana ii questions

Backpacker28

Hi there, I am new to the AK community and am a budding audiophile. I've recently acquired a pair of Altec Santana II speakers and need some help. The issue seems to be with the bass. It just is not very punchy or powerful. Frankly, I expected more from these large woofers. My friend recently re-foamed the woofers, so I am pretty sure that is not the issue. Another friend recommended that I look at the ports, to ensure they have the proper baffling. Currently, the ports have no contact with baffling, and you can clearly see the baffling lining the back of the cabinet. I wonder if the baffling should be partially inserted into the port? I have searched several forums including AK and the Lansing Heritage forum for guidance, but have come up empty. Any help would be appreciated.

Again, please forgive me if I am not approaching this the right way, as I am new to the form.

Have you ensured that both speakers are connected properly? The positive to positive and the negative to negative on both speakers as well as the connection to the amp?

Thank you for the help. Yes, I am sure they are connected correctly. I'm fairly certain this has something to do with the baffling and the front facing bass port. Not sure though. Perhaps this model simply doesn't have tight, punchy bass.

Back
Top Bottom